Recommend me a Waterblock for MSI 7970 OC GPU

Soldato
This was the result of my 10min tussle with my MSI cooler, could have done with a crowbar :p

20130301_153124.jpg

Soldato
So would I (HK backplates!).

Delivery is a damn sight cheaper then EK direct, they're usually £29 minimum 5 day delivery :(

My last order from them did a grand tour of eastern Europe before making it to me too :p

Soldato
So would I (HK backplates!).

Delivery is a damn sight cheaper then EK direct, they're usually £29 minimum 5 day delivery :(

My last order from them did a grand tour of eastern Europe before making it to me too :p

Just checked their website and prices have jumped from when I ordered mine. :eek:

Postage is 17.95 euros - so not that bad

Delivery was rapid - ordered Sunday night - delivered the following Thursday :)

Soldato
Be careful with the links, it may be a manufacturers page but it may also be seen as a competitor....

And of course, get some of those awesome backplates ordered!!

Associate
OP
I'd have thought they weren't a competitior being the Manufacturers n'all.

Just to be on the safe side could you remove the quote please 'whyscotty' ta

I am not really a fan of the Heatkiller backplates I prefer black like the EK ones. I will look into getting some at a later date though.

Soldato
I just remember a member of staff (rjk?) Saying it was ok to reference manufacturers and their own stores, but not to link directly to their store pages.

Get some custom plates made ;)

Associate
OP
Well I have fitted both my Heatkiller Waterblocks to my 7970's but I ordered the wrong Dual Link :(

DSCF0638_zps3c4efb9e.jpg

DSCF0639_zps3d4d435b.jpg

GPU-X² / X³ Dual-Link (1-Slot)

DSCF0652_zps5148dd94.jpg

It doesn't reach both cards using the top two PCI-E slots on the UD5H motherboard. Can't believe I didn't realise before I ordered.

Associate
Well I have fitted both my Heatkiller Waterblocks to my 7970's but I ordered the wrong Dual Link :(

It doesn't reach both cards using the top two PCI-E slots on the UD5H motherboard. Can't believe I didn't realise before I ordered.

Did you put backplates on the cards or not bother? I am looking for Waterblocks for my 7970s so am interrested in how these blocks perform too?

Associate
The MSI OC is a complete stock V1 reference layout.

Don't touch the Alphacool blocks, they don't offer active cooling on the VRM's.

They do a revision 2 block, with active cooling, I have just finished installing 1 today. The rev 1 by all accounts was awful, people were recording upwards of 100 on the vrm's .

Associate
I've never bothered with backplates before either, seem a bit over priced for not much benefit. I know they make the card more rigid, but it's not like my pc ever moves!

Back
Top Bottom