Remnant 2

Man of Honour
OP
There's a shed load of new weapons you can buy, plus apparently you can discover some out in the wild too.
Yeah I just might not have got far enough yet ingame, so far the only weapons on the merchant are the various starting weapons of other classes. I just have to remind myself that this game isnt a looter shooter like Division, its more a souls like sort of thing and isnt about the loot. Which is fine.

Soldato
Anyone running this on a lower spec? Looking for a new coop game to play with my laddie but he has my old PC with a 6700k, 16 GB ram and a GTX980, but only runs 1080p 60Hz. What chance does he have?
If its available on Steam buy it on there and as long as your under the 2 hour mark you can request a re fund if it does not run well.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's UE5, it still requires the developer to optimise the game, which this dev has not done and outright stated "it's designed for DLSS" - Which is 100% horse crap. We know this is horse crap because we have path traced games running at over 70fps without having to use frame generation at 1440P, and Remnant 2 only uses nanite from UE5.

The saga with poorly made unreal engine games will continue, seemingly forever, sadly.

Man of Honour
OP
They've said that there are performance patches to come so it might improve a little yet, I'm playing in 1440 with everything on max (except for Shadows which I have on medium) and getting around 70fps, which frankly is absolutely playable both in solo and co-op so cant say that I'm all that livid about the performance.

Soldato
They've said that there are performance patches to come so it might improve a little yet, I'm playing in 1440 with everything on max (except for Shadows which I have on medium) and getting around 70fps, which frankly is absolutely playable both in solo and co-op so cant say that I'm all that livid about the performance.

Runs great for me too.

Running 3440x1440, DLSS quality, everything on ultra, doesn't drop below 65fps, and is generally in the 70-90 range.

Zero stutter in gameplay, apart from occasional traversal stutter, which considering it's installed on a HDD, is OK.

Soldato
Yeah I just might not have got far enough yet ingame, so far the only weapons on the merchant are the various starting weapons of other classes. I just have to remind myself that this game isnt a looter shooter like Division, its more a souls like sort of thing and isnt about the loot. Which is fine.

Case in point, last night I picked up a great melee weapon in a dungeon:

An axe you can throw with shock damage! Great weapon!

A second after you throw it, it magically (their description :p) appears back in your hand!

Last edited:
Associate
Does it get more varied? A few hours in I'm a bit bored of the same waves of enemies (with the same chainsaw guy to finish). I read the levels are procedurally generated which explains the maze-like levels that lead nowhere most of the time.

Associate
Does it get more varied? A few hours in I'm a bit bored of the same waves of enemies (with the same chainsaw guy to finish). I read the levels are procedurally generated which explains the maze-like levels that lead nowhere most of the time.
They do vary per new chapter/level - not really go lost, i use the map a lot work out the location i'm heading towards.

Soldato

I've done a few dungeons now, there are lots of hidden doors, never came across one that led nowhere.

Soldato
I'm still stuck on N'erud, that's where it sent me after i re-rolled down to the medium difficulty. I have finally bought and switched archetypes to the dog so solo has got a bit easier, I just send the dog in and pick them off with the hunter rifle. got a decent smg pistol for when I need a short range weapon too.

Last edited:
Associate
I've done a few dungeons now, there are lots of hidden doors, never came across one that led nowhere.
I guess they're dungeons? I wandered into a few sewer areas. I should look it up but there's a boss with a big HP meter. Once it's dead there's nothing else in the area.

Back
Top Bottom