Rennsport (Sim Racing)

Underboss

Anyone heard of this ?

i heard about this last year for some reason (i think i was looking into getting into sim racing, but for reasons i cant right now)

this popped up, looks good

Associate
Not sold on it at all but hope it turns it decent although really am sick of GT3 tbh.

At best it might be a nice little distraction from iRacing and maybe a potential replacement for ACC (have my doubts on that though).

Last edited:
Associate
Just signed up for the Rennsport beta. Looks like there is no demo available to check out yet.

I enjoy Iracing now and again. Don't play it very often these days. Not really enough to properly justify the annual subscription fee. My sim rig is sitting in my lounge gathering dust most of the time. However I keep myself subscribed for the odd time I get the urge. Iracing is great for its regular online races. No need to wait for an indeterminate length of time to join a race. Thankfully I've not been tempted to throw too much money at it. Refrained from buying cars and tracks that I might use once and never go back to or even forgot I had purchased.

Just wondering if Rennsport will revitalise and rejuvinate my enjoyment.
Hopefully Rennsport will be enjoyable without breaking the bank.

Edit: Will I go to jail for bumping a 4 month old thread? :)

Last edited:
Associate
Just had another look at the info on Rennsport.It seems there is a demo. Just need to be given a Beta key to access it. I've not received one. Don't know if I will get one. Keen to try Rennsport.
Anyone know how to wangle a key?

Associate
I think you need to be a hipster influencer to get a key at the moment, i signed up right at the start and havent got one, of course all the youtubers have got them. Maybe try growing a beard?

Associate
Just signed up for the Rennsport beta. Looks like there is no demo available to check out yet.

I enjoy Iracing now and again. Don't play it very often these days. Not really enough to properly justify the annual subscription fee. My sim rig is sitting in my lounge gathering dust most of the time. However I keep myself subscribed for the odd time I get the urge. Iracing is great for its regular online races. No need to wait for an indeterminate length of time to join a race. Thankfully I've not been tempted to throw too much money at it. Refrained from buying cars and tracks that I might use once and never go back to or even forgot I had purchased.

Just wondering if Rennsport will revitalise and rejuvinate my enjoyment.
Hopefully Rennsport will be enjoyable without breaking the bank.

Edit: Will I go to jail for bumping a 4 month old thread? :)

The feedback on it has not been great and I think many expect it to completely flop.

It’s bare bones, has hardly any content and the tiny bit of content it does have is the most boring over used content imaginable that every game already has.

There is literally no reason whatsoever to play it over ACC (which is what you should be looking at as a cheaper alternative to iracing).

If you’re pinning your hopes on this being a success I think you’re going to be very disappointed.

Last edited:
Associate
The feedback on it has not been great and I think many expect it to completely flop.

It’s bare bones, has hardly any content and the tiny bit of content it does have is the most boring over used content imaginable that every game already has.

There is literally no reason whatsoever to play it over ACC (which is what you should be looking at as a cheaper alternative to iracing).

If you’re pinning your hopes on this being a success I think you’re going to be very disappointed.
Interesting that you say this. A friend of mine who does a lot of iracing, youtubing and commentating on races has been given access to Rennsport. He says he is underwhelmed by it. Spoke to him today and he did mention ACC in the same conversation too. Can't remember exactly what he said but the gist of his opinion concurs with what you've said here.
Still, I'm just a rookie, part time racing simmer who partakes once in a wee while. I'll be no judge of things. It might be ok for us occasional players. Dunno. We'll see.
Hope it's cheaper anyway. As long as I can get easy and reasonably quick access to online races with competition alongside my own skill level it might be fine for me.

Associate
I don't have a beard, nor do I produce stuff on YouTube, but I got a beta invite about 4 weeks ago. I too was underwhelmed by it. It's incomplete so bits of the menus etc. don't seem to work but trawling Discord to find out what might be a bug or intentional is soul destroying. I sort of gave up.

Soldato
I’ve been going back and forth on getting a sim racing rig. I worry about the amount of time I need to put to really master it and it will be less casual than just using a controller. I would prefer the realism a rig brings.

Soldato
hmm never bothered with a sim rig in my many(etc) yrs of racing, wonder if playable on a pad, might be worth a go to see
You don't need to go as far as setting up a whole rig. A Logitech G29 is a good starter to see if it's for you. Personally I can't go back to using a pad except for more arcade titles. I will caution that I go through phases where my wheel sits in a cupboard for long periods because I can't be arsed to get it out and set it up (and belt driven wheels can be noisy which doesn;t suit my house layout

Back
Top Bottom