Repair Windows 11 without losing any Files, Apps or Data

Associate
My windows 11 is causing a few issues, mainly to do with Windows security. I am having problems with Hello fingerprint and PIN recognitions. I think a "reinstall" / "repair" of Win 11 might solve the issues.

What is the best way to do this please?

Soldato
I could find this Microsoft Answers post where someone suggests doing a custom install (which would then move/retain your old files to another folder):
Keeping old data when installing Windows 11 from a USB

But not sure if that is what you would want to do though. I am still holding off accepting the Win11 upgrade prompt and still running Win10 for now.

Also found this page which might help and seems to list the options:

Either way, I would recommend creating a backup / image or copy any files you can't lose before starting anything.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I could find this Microsoft Answers post where someone suggests doing a custom install (which would then move/retain your old files to another folder):
Keeping old data when installing Windows 11 from a USB

But not sure if that is what you would want to do though. I am still holding off accepting the Win11 upgrade prompt and still running Win10 for now.

Also found this page which might help and seems to list the options:

Either way, I would recommend creating a backup / image or copy any files you can't lose before starting anything.

Thanks. I use Acronis cyber and "snapshot" the whole drive to another Drive. I can extract individual files from it if needed.

Back
Top Bottom