Resident Evil 1 remake 2026

Man of Honour
Let’s face it, that’s what everyone wants :D

I think a remake in the RE7/RE8 style would work best, but I’ll take a RE4 version too.

Associate
Can't say I see the need if I'm honest? Remake is arguably one of, if not the best survival horror game ever, it still holds up perfectly well today.

I'm not sure how an RE2/3/4 style remake would work here without changing around quite a few things.

Soldato
Will probably play it eventually, but I don't think it needs a remake, it's already perfect. Hopefully Capcom don't drop the ball again like they did with RE2 (missing B scenarios) and 3 (lots of cut content) and it's more like 4 where there's little missing.

Associate
They likely aren't remaking Code Veronica yet due to a currently highly politically sensitive element to its storyline, unless they change the story drastically, but I agree they should remake Code Veronica first.

Fixed camera of Remake 1 makes for so many unknown scare opportunities that it's going to be tough to better even the original Gamecube version. I think RE over the shoulder is what they go for for, perhaps they'll make the zombies extra horrific and significantly extend the storyline, maybe playing out some of the other character roles to keep things fresh.

Associate
I hope the recent rumours about it being a departure from the recent remakes and being more akin to the OG (bar the pre-rendered static backgrounds) are true. But the source is an anonymous email, so yeah, highly unlikely to have any truth to it unfortunately.

• Will be slower paced than RE2 Remake
  • Each Zombie will have their own unique model due to the small number of enemies within the game
  • More bullets required to take out RE1 zombies than RE2 Remake, quoted as "Bullet Sponges"
  • Crimson Heads will return.
  • RE1 Lore will be explored further.
  • A different third person camera will be used, slower paced again.
  • No more pre-rendered backgrounds. Each room will load up background assets and the rest of the assets will load when doors are opened. This is to improve visuals and lighting.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
As much as I would much prefer Code Veronica next, I am happy with this.

Next give us Code Veronica and Resident Evil 0 remakes please. Don't care for RE5 and RE6 remakes.

I would actually love if they did a proper RE3 Remake as that was not as good as it should have been. But obviously that won't happen. Msybe in 20 years on the next round of remakes.

Associate
Hmmm

Original leaker has since distanced himself from the claim, and said it was shared by an imposter account

However, publishers cashing in on any cow left standing is no surprise, regardless of what is required or the game turns out.

I never did complete OG RE1 sadly. I never put time into the remake either, it never grabbed me, but i'd like to try it again whether with a so called RE-re-remaster, or just the remaster.

Soldato
Id take a code Veronica, but deffo needs much better controls. Tried playing it on my ps5 and it has not aged well. :p . I not a fan of qte, so I enable the auto complete on them (if the game has the option) as I don't really enjoy mashing buttons.

Back
Top Bottom