Resident Evil 3 Remake

Soldato
It does help yes. Thanks again. Still undecided. I love RE games but don't usually replay games until after a considerable amount of time has passed. I see it's down to £28.75 on HRK too. Almost cheap enough...

I don't usually replay games either but I love short, good scenarios with unlockables and RE excels at this, granted this one could've been better if they had put more work into it. It's still solid and enourages you to do various challenge runs so people who like this sort of stuff will get decent playtime out of it.

Capcom generally has a knack for this, DMC5 was pretty satisfying on the first run with decent length and has insane replayability with individually graded levels on multiple difficulties, items/unlockables carrying across playthroughs and a combo system deep enough you could spend 100h on it alone if you were really into it:D

Soldato
Not looked into it properly but I don't get how a modder can do this and capcom do not bother making the city section bigger and with a few puzzles...

My thoughts as well. This was so close to being a fantastic game, I can't believe they missed the opportunity to make RE3 better than its predecessor. Oh well, there's a new DLC entry in Steam DB and it's not the classic costume pack, I guess new costumes bur we'll see.

The mod just removes the barriers so you can go through areas used for chase sequences etc.

Caporegime
The modder cares about improving the experience whereas Capcom just want your money. They will be keen to move onto the next remaster for another easy pay day.

I really enjoyed the RE2 remake but from what I've seen RE3 is only half the game, I completed it in 5 hours and feel a bit ripped off. I don't mind so much RE2 where you have two characters each with alternative story lines but with RE3 they just want to keep replaying the same campaign over and over and unlike RE2 it feels very linear. I'm not a big fan of having to keep replaying games over and over to extend game play though, if it's a good enough game you'll do that naturally. but you shouldn't be forced to complete the same game 4-5 times in order to unlock everything.

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally got round to playing this after getting it free with my 5700 XT. It's a decent game but not up to the same level as the RE:2 remake imo, plus I couldn't believe how short it is. I'm generally someone who only plays a story based game once, so this would have been terrible value had I bought it at anywhere near full price. I'd say if you plan on playing it through once like me then it's worth it at about £20, but not much more than that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Completed it on the Inferno difficulty a few days ago (with rocket launcher). All achievements done also.

I actually managed to kill the last boss on my third go on Inferno. Was weird because I died a lot more when doing the Nightmare difficulty. I guess I worked out what he was doing at that point. Also I had the defense coins when playing Inferno which helped :p

Will play it one more time before uninstalling, but this time on Standard again where I do not skip cut scenes and fully explore everything and not use use any shop items.

Associate
Just started RE3 Remake and I am not sure on the graphics. From the screen shot the area around the facial hair is wierd. Is that normal, is something in the settings either game or AMD Radeon causing this or is it my screen. I am using cheap 1080 ASUS VS248HR which I know is entry level. Or is my system just pants.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just started RE3 Remake and I am not sure on the graphics. From the screen shot the area around the facial hair is wierd. Is that normal, is something in the settings either game or AMD Radeon causing this or is it my screen. I am using cheap 1080 ASUS VS248HR which I know is entry level. Or is my system just pants.

Method of AA being used maybe? Try turning it off or using different ones.

Associate
I still enjoyed the game greatly, but such a missed oppurtunity, they could have done so many other great things, I hope RE 8 and possibly the 4 remake will be better, ive a feeling they will be able to reuse a lot of the castle scenery etc if they so chose to do a remake of 4

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I still enjoyed the game greatly, but such a missed oppurtunity, they could have done so many other great things, I hope RE 8 and possibly the 4 remake will be better, ive a feeling they will be able to reuse a lot of the castle scenery etc if they so chose to do a remake of 4
+1

They really did fail to live up to the potential of Resident Evil 3 Remake. It could have been so much more! At the minimum they should have kept everything already in the original and added more to it like the original remake did.

I wonder how the resistance or whatever that multiplayer is doing? Is there decent number of players or is it dead?

Soldato
Its very weak value for money wise. Capcom grab several parts of the RE2 remake. Its worth about £15-20 tops way less if you already own RE2 remake.

I expect RE8 will be more of the some take parts of RE7 & throw a few small new sections in as Capcom business model seems to be this right now.

Associate
Its very weak value for money wise. Capcom grab several parts of the RE2 remake. Its worth about £15-20 tops way less if you already own RE2 remake.

I expect RE8 will be more of the some take parts of RE7 & throw a few small new sections in as Capcom business model seems to be this right now.

I understand your dissapointment, a shame that the main focus was resistance

Associate
+1

They really did fail to live up to the potential of Resident Evil 3 Remake. It could have been so much more! At the minimum they should have kept everything already in the original and added more to it like the original remake did.

I wonder how the resistance or whatever that multiplayer is doing? Is there decent number of players or is it dead?

It just might be hanging on by its fingernails, turns out it was their main focus, i didnt even install it, so that shows how much i cared for it, i believe perhaps they were given a deadline and somewhat rushed the game, content was light, and they said screw it and slapped on the multiplayer part, which is frustrating because to me, resi evil should be all about a great single player experience

Caporegime

That was Capcoms business model back in 1999 as well. Re3 was nothing more than a expansion pack whilst the core team worked on Code Veronica. Not sure what you are saying?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It just might be hanging on by its fingernails, turns out it was their main focus, i didnt even install it, so that shows how much i cared for it, i believe perhaps they were given a deadline and somewhat rushed the game, content was light, and they said screw it and slapped on the multiplayer part, which is frustrating because to me, resi evil should be all about a great single player experience
I installed it, played for about an hour, got bored and uninstalled. As you said, Resident Evil = Single player. They should make a new ip if they want to go for a multi player game. They had two failed multi player resi games before this, now they have 3. Hopefully they get the message.

I would love for them to outsource Resident Evil to a team that would go back to the games roots and make a prerendered version of the game. That would free up a lot of resources too and maybe they could add a bunch of RT elements to it. High res prerendered stuff would look awesome.

Soldato
That was Capcoms business model back in 1999 as well. Re3 was nothing more than a expansion pack whilst the core team worked on Code Veronica. Not sure what you are saying?
RE3 remake is not worth £49.99 its not even worth £34.99 & barely worth more than a tenner :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom