Resident Evil 7!!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got my key from CDKeys and have 25% downloaded on steam already :)

It was a good decision to cancel with Amazon in the end. They would have only dispatched today and I would have got it probably tomorrow evening. By tomorrow evening I will probably have half the game complete now :D

Soldato
Want to buy this but to date have still been unable to get the demo to boot on my pc and god knows why :( seems others had the issue but haven't found a solution so have been put off buying from cdkeys as they wouldn't refund it if it didn't work etc! Obviously steam would. Cd keys price will shoot up once the reviews are out too

Only think I hope for is that it doesn't out stay it's welcome and is paced well! Unlike alien isolation that felt super padded towards the end for no reason other than to add too many hours on. Same seems to be the case with Evil within which I'm currently playing! On chapter 12 now around the 10 hour mark and it's starting to chug!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Want to buy this but to date have still been unable to get the demo to boot on my pc and god knows why :( seems others had the issue but haven't found a solution so have been put off buying from cdkeys as they wouldn't refund it if it didn't work etc! Obviously steam would. Cd keys price will shoot up once the reviews are out too

Only think I hope for is that it doesn't out stay it's welcome and is paced well! Unlike alien isolation that felt super padded towards the end for no reason other than to add too many hours on. Same seems to be the case with Evil within which I'm currently playing! On chapter 12 now around the 10 hour mark and it's starting to chug!

When stuff like that start to happen I just format. Not that I have run into a problem like that in years anyway. These days I format atround once a year. Keeps things fresh and problem free. It is so fast and easy also now compared to back in the days of windows xp. Windows installs so fast from a USB stick, updates are then done quickly with my fast broadband.

With the hardware you have there is no reason that I can see that the game should not work apart from software issue which a format would fix.

Late in the game... Can anyone confirm whether an Australian VPN can unlock the steam version now or not?

I can't play until tomorrow morning otherwise I would be doing this myself.

Soldato
When stuff like that start to happen I just format. Not that I have run into a problem like that in years anyway. These days I format atround once a year. Keeps things fresh and problem free. It is so fast and easy also now compared to back in the days of windows xp. Windows installs so fast from a USB stick, updates are then done quickly with my fast broadband.

With the hardware you have there is no reason that I can see that the game should not work apart from software issue which a format would fix.

I can't play until tomorrow morning otherwise I would be doing this myself.

Maybe I should try that, I upgraded to windows 10 when it was free as an update so don't actually have it on physical media! Is there a way to get it?

It's weird all my other games work just fine! This doesn't even attempt to boot. Steam thinks about it, changes from play to playing. The back to play weird

Associate
Go to the Microsoft website and download the version of 10 you have. There's a download link on site to create a bootable USB stick with the image. I reinstalled recently and I went fine, didn't need to input a key.

Soldato
Go to the Microsoft website and download the version of 10 you have. There's a download link on site to create a bootable USB stick with the image. I reinstalled recently and I went fine, didn't need to input a key.

Ok thanks for that I shall give it a go! One quick question sorry this has gone off topic! If I reinstall windows will my cpu over clock be returned to stock? If so I'll just screenshot my settings and put them back in!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ok thanks for that I shall give it a go! One quick question sorry this has gone off topic! If I reinstall windows will my cpu over clock be returned to stock? If so I'll just screenshot my settings and put them back in!

That stuff is in BIOS, nothing to do with Windows. So formatting will not change it.

As mentioned once you create a bookable USB stick from using Microsoft's Media creations tool. You do not need to worry about the key, that is identified automatically as it is attached to your hardware (Mobo I think). I personally always secure erase my SSD before installing windows, that way I know it is a proper fresh SSD, but if you do not know how to do it, it is not exactly necessary. Just make sure you delete all current partitions on the SSD you are installing and create a new fresh one for windows to install. Oh and do not forget to back your ALL your stuff up before you start :p

Soldato
Got key from CD keys at 10.30 this morning. Pre-downloading now. I wonder what time tomorrow it will be available to play?...

I guess I'm pretty much on my own in my way of thinking - but I loved 4,5 & 6 and can't help feeling I'd be more excited if they weren't doing a complete reboot of the series... I hope they've managed to retain some of those games too...

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone get the season pass from cdkey, i got the game key, still waiting for the season pass key
I bought the deluxe when it was only £39.99 & got the key which includes the season pass a little while ago. Its now gone up a lot due to demand so I got it £25 cheaper than steam :eek:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I did not bother with the season pass, they always release a load of crap for Resi games like skins and guns. If it turns out to be a good piece of DLC then I will buy it at a later date when it is on sale.

I got the season pass for Deus Ex Mankind Divided as I went for the digital deluxe version of the game. The first DLC was not as good as I expected and still waiting on the second piece of dlc which does not even have a release date yet. Feel like I would be better of waiting a year and pick up any dlc worth playing for peanuts.

These publishers need to look at CDProjekt and see how dlc is meant to be done.

/rant

Man of Honour
I see that someone is already streaming the full game live on youtube at the moment, watched a bit of it and with the submachine guns and assault rifles its definitely not a stealthy outcast/amnesia type of game (which is perhaps what the demo might have seemed it to be)

Back
Top Bottom