• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Resizable bar - no bios available :( ?

Soldato
Hi all,

Only yesterday found out about the Nvidia Resizable Bar and thought i'd like to upgrade my graphics bios and give it a go:

I have a RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC LHR (ZT-A30610H-10MLHR) Zotac.

GPU-Z tells me my card supports this and I have enabled the 4g thing in BIOS but the Zotac website gives no 'results' when I select it. Guessing it is not supported rather then a website glitch?
Long shot but anyone have this card and was able to update?

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If it was a recent model it would have shipped with the feature enabled in BIOS. Follow the instructions from nvidia. The manufacturer (zotac) is your AIB so seek BIOS there.

-ed No result found may mean you dont have to do anything with the GPU. As @d_brennen mentioned check your mobo/chipset (as in the nvidia page I linked above).

Last edited:
Associate
Have you double checked it isn't already enabled, the LHR ones got released later than the standard ones so it probably already has the necessary vbios

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thank you all, it doesn't look like it is enabled:

Ok thanks, will check Chipset drivers and mobo bios etc. although I think i am already on latest version of both :(

Does this mean I cannot use DLSS as efficiently or is that something else?

------------------
System Information
------------------

Product Name: B360 Gaming Infinite A (MS-B915)
OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-bit Ver.2009 (OS build 22631.3296)
BIOS Version: B.50
BIOS Release Date: 04/09/2019
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 32 GB @
- 16 GB DDR4-2132, Patriot Memory (PDP Systems) 3600 C18 Series
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you all, it doesn't look like it is enabled:

Ok thanks, will check Chipset drivers and mobo bios etc. although I think i am already on latest version of both :(

Does this mean I cannot use DLSS as efficiently or is that something else?

------------------
System Information
------------------

Product Name: B360 Gaming Infinite A (MS-B915)
OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-bit Ver.2009 (OS build 22631.3296)
BIOS Version: B.50
BIOS Release Date: 04/09/2019
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 32 GB @
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

Your CPU is likely too old to support it, think it's 10th gen or above.

Soldato
OP
I think you could be right but just double checking on the MSI forums as there may be a work-around (if i7 is supported) by the way of an alternative mobo bios

Soldato
OP
Thank you :)

Out of curiosity , is this different to DLSS ? as I can enable that fine in quite a few games - presumably Resize adds something else?

Don
You also need to check that your motherboard "BIOS" is set to UEFI mode rather than Legacy, or UEFI with CSM - which may also require you to change your boot drive from MBR to GPT.
This can be a quite involved process (and has the potential to leave you with a non-booting machine if you aren't confident)

Out of curiosity , is this different to DLSS ? as I can enable that fine in quite a few games - presumably Resize adds something else?
Yes - DLSS is an upscaling technology i.e. to make the game look like it's running at a higher resolution, whereas this is a memory management feature that allows your graphics card CPU to grab optimum sized "chunks" of system Graphics RAM if required, rather than fixed sized "chunks".
Rebar can give performance increases in certain games, but it's probably ~5% in the cases where it does work.

Edit:
slight correction

Last edited:
Associate
Thank you
:)

Yeah they're very different things. ReBAR is allowing the CPU to access larger blocks of GPU memory. DLSS is just a scaling method, you can use DLSS without ReBAR

Last edited:
Soldato
Your CPU is likely too old to support it, think it's 10th gen or above.
No. ReBAR supported 8th gen or above.

ReBAR is enabled worked fine on my 8th gen 8700K CPU on Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7 motherboard. :)

You will need to enable Resizable ReBAR in BIOS to get ReBAR enabled.

Resizable ReBAR on MSI motherboards location could be found in Settings/Advanced/PCIe/PCI Sub System Settings.

If you cant see Resizable ReBAR in BIOS, try ReBARUEFI driver module to see if it work with your motherboard.

ReBARUEFI List of working motherboards​

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all,

Only yesterday found out about the Nvidia Resizable Bar and thought i'd like to upgrade my graphics bios and give it a go:

GPU-Z tells me my card supports this and I have enabled the 4g thing in BIOS but the Zotac website gives no 'results' when I select it. Guessing it is not supported rather then a website glitch?

Looks like you need to have a motherboard bios that supports this

This is a picture of one the bios updates for my Asus Z370 motherboard
cZJsrcb.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all,

Set the 4G decode in the bios then and there is another one where you have to set it to enabled or auto.

You will know if it is enabled from the Nvidia control panel.

Check the "system information" section and it should show yes for rebar.

Back
Top Bottom