Revitalise this grass (have dog)

Soldato
Looks good that :)

You've done it already but just mind and keep the grass soil level side just below the top of the bricks so you dont end up scalping the grass when you use the bricks to run the mower on.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
PXL-20240419-162725996.jpg

Finished brick edging. It's ok, not great. Will leave it as is for now and see how it looks when the grass is grown. Might lift it and lay a bit of concrete under and raise up the bricks by an inch or so. Will see.

Also went over again with the scarifier on a deeper setting because there are some undulating areas which the first pass didn't pick up. It's ready for topsoil now tomorrow then seeding.

Soldato
The brick edging looks fine as it is so I wouldn't stress about it.

Good luck with the seeding... Its still too cold here for seeding just now. Not sure this high pressure system will last long :(

Last edited:
Soldato
No that will be fine... You need 8oC for rye and 11oC for fescue as ideal germination temps but that's the ground temp not the air.

Just keep the seeds damp (not wet) and it'll come up in about 7-10 days. Once that happens, you can reduce the watering and even more so if it rains.

Seeds need to absorb moisture and heat which causes them to swell and split the outer "shell" but you don't want them swimming in water as they will rot away

Soldato
OP
Could you Maybe fence of the area at the bottom of the grass and let you dog play , do it business there.

He can get down there. Don't have enough material to try and fence off the lawn though.

Looks good... Was the previous owner a builder given all the bricks you seem to have laying around :cry:

No I bought them off Facebook marketplace. Some I got for 20p a brick some were 40p.

Soldato
I need to do this! We have a much smaller area to play with.

Currently patchy, a mix of cat/kids toys being left on the lawn too long last year. We also seem to get massive ant mounds which isn't ideal.

Sorry to semi hijack but should I deal with the weeds first? I grabbed a 4in1 lawn treatment thing to tackle that.

Would that be best to do, and then attack the lawn as the OP has done so well here?

I'm a novice with anything lawn related

Back
Top Bottom