Rgb extensions cables.

Associate
I would like to get rgb extensions cables for my gpu and motherboard to the psu. However, I’m not 100% sure of compatibility so I decided to ask here. The gpu is the rx 7800xt (sapphire pure white), the mb is the Msi b760 plus gaming matx- https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-B760M-...cf74ecd3346b86de9acb0371b88&th=1&gad_source=1, and the psu is the Corsair rm750 gold fully modular psu, in white. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Connectors-Low-Noise-Operation-Capacitors/dp/B097F1NGLY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_maf_2?crid=27IDHNPLVIAVV&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.ysUvQZcTHwASC1wEkGNKtiqD39-KHkcU9widDCn9TXzSkEAMGRdMnIe2tqMhITQ41eoJnJoucUyRtC-1G9Q_Nl7YVv2gyOjqGXmnDszpdZmCyykNn1oPDtR2Rlm3-rqPlh8pp8ZYutlxjq8NzBtgRCN8wFWy_KpYfno9rehEH2QxcW12oMJmJbfoSUxih1enTkUhLQ7EW_YBQjEDkJxKlg.11tsWVVV6Xspw6HD2PyVCZyA-cHGhTYqheOqFfdXqL4&dib_tag=se&keywords=corsair+750w+power+supply+white&qid=1709450441&sprefix=corsair+750w+power+supply+,aps,103&sr=8-1 Which lian li rgb extension cables should I get for both the gpu and mb? Thanks :) if someone knows, could you please send uk links to the cables if you find some.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
RGB extension cables are usually from the PSU's modular cable to the device (e.g. motherboard), so the PSU used doesn't matter, but obviously you should always check, because you do not want PSU specific cables unless they're compatible with your Corsair PSU (if they are not, you could fry your PC!).

For the RGB itself, your motherboard has 2x 5v addressable 3 pin and 1x 12v 4 pin. I believe Lian Li's strimer cables use the 5v addressable 3 pin.

Man of Honour
Thankyou, do you know which cables I should get or is their nothing for my setup compatible.
So far as I know, the Lian Li Strimer cables are just an extension, so they plug into your PSU cables and then into the device and you connect the 5v addressable 3 pin to your motherboard. In theory, since your motherboard only has 2 of these headers, you can only buy two of the cables, but I don't know if you could daisy chain multiple RGB cables into one header.

They have an optional controller card, but I don't know how that works.

Associate
OP
So far as I know, the Lian Li Strimer cables are just an extension, so they plug into your PSU cables and then into the device and you connect the 5v addressable 3 pin to your motherboard. In theory, since your motherboard only has 2 of these headers, you can only buy two of the cables, but I don't know if you could daisy chain multiple RGB cables into one header.

They have an optional controller card, but I don't know how that works.
Thanks, so would these two work : for mb: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lian-Li-St...d=db330b73e0d435e9971d32092e210a0b&th=1&psc=1 and for the gpu: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lian-Li-Strimer-12VHPWR-16-Pin-Verlängerung/dp/B0C13G4GPX

Man of Honour
We're not supposed to link to anyone other than OCUK here, but to answer your question: yes, I believe so.

OCUK's listing for the 24 pin says that the controller is included and I think that means you'll only need to use one of the 3 pin 5v addressable headers, but the manual is confusing, so I'm not sure. If you have both headers free, then it shouldn't matter either way.

FYI: For the graphics, you need to buy the double 8 pin one for a 7800 XT, not the 12vHWPR.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
We're not supposed to link to anyone other than OCUK here, but to answer your question: yes, I believe so.

OCUK's listing for the 24 pin says that the controller is included and I think that means you'll only need to use one of the 3 pin 5v addressable headers, but the manual is confusing, so I'm not sure. If you have both headers free, then it shouldn't matter either way.

FYI: For the graphics, you need to buy the double 8 pin one for a 7800 XT, not the 12vHWPR.

Thanks :) I think I’ll get them from ocuk instead tho bc on Amazon it’s a random seller

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom