Ring video doorbell recording issues

Associate
Does anyone have problems with the Ring Video doorbell.

Since the Ring Company did an app update. The moving tape at the bottom of the screen after every recording a loading message appears, and jumps back to a previous recording. The Signal quality is green.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards
Mike

Associate
OP
Possibly, I should have given more information about my setup. Hopefully, someone will be able to comment, and find a suggestion of how to help.

The Internet provider is, No One Internet, on Full Fibre 900 with City Fibre.
I am using a TP-Link AX7800 Wifi6 Router, Archar AX95.

I have done speed tests on all my devices. The speeds are:

Ethernet Download is 941 Mbps, Upload 941 Mbps with Pings 6-9
Wi-Fi Download anywhere between 333–924 Mbps, Upload 354-791 Pings 8-13

The Wi-Fi Signal Strength on the ring doorbell is RSSI -43
The Chime Pro 2nd Generation Wi-Fi Signal Strength is RSSI -50

I have connected the Ring video doorbell to the Wi-Fi router, instead of using the Chime unit to boost the signal.

This has not made any difference to the video playback. The video still shows loading in between each recording, and then shows an older screen print.

What could be wrong, any ideas please.

Associate
OP
Hi all,
I got in touch with Ring Customer Careline. The customer service woman said that it is a new thing they have added, and that I will have to put up with it, not working properly.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The connection with your WiFi and doorbell will make no difference as the recordings aren't stored on the camera so you're accessing them from Amazon servers when viewing in the app. It does sound like they've broken the app for your particular setup, I can't say I've noticed any issues with it on my Pixel phone.

Associate
OP
The connection with your WiFi and doorbell will make no difference as the recordings aren't stored on the camera so you're accessing them from Amazon servers when viewing in the app. It does sound like they've broken the app for your particular setup, I can't say I've noticed any issues with it on my Pixel phone.
I have a Pixel 5 phone, and it does the same recording on that. I have two Android tablets, the loading message and blurred picture is also the same.

Here is the video recording for example.

Soldato
I can't see the issue of it jumping back to a previous recording (time stamp does go forward when moving to next clip), but I do see the blurred image/loading screen in-between clips is wrong.

It's fine on my Ring app (version 3.70.0) on my Pixel 6 Pro. However, my clips are more spaced out since I lowered the sensitivity/zones to avoid being triggered on the public walkway outside my front porch and the neighbours, so perhaps yours didn't have time to get a more accurate image for those gaps.

Associate
OP
I can't see the issue of it jumping back to a previous recording (time stamp does go forward when moving to next clip), but I do see the blurred image/loading screen in-between clips is wrong.

It's fine on my Ring app (version 3.70.0) on my Pixel 6 Pro. However, my clips are more spaced out since I lowered the sensitivity/zones to avoid being triggered on the public walkway outside my front porch and the neighbours, so perhaps yours didn't have time to get a more accurate image for those gaps.
That is the same version as my ring app. I have lowered the sensitivity/zones, and it has not made any difference at all, I still get the loading message on the timeline after every clip.

It has to be a problem at ring with my account, but getting them to fix it, is like banging your head against a brick wall, just like other customer services, and not willing to help.

Soldato
Do you mean when it loads between the 2 recordings?

you get an image of the bright sun coming over the middle house on the other side of the street before it then loads the next recording?

I have just checked mine and I get a fuzzy screen and the word "loading..." before the next video starts

If I click on the burger menu in the top left under the Help section at the bottom I have 3.70.0 and I am on Android phone (Samsung Galaxy A13)

I have a Ring door bell and 2 x Ring security cameras and I get the loading bit between each recording on each of the cameras\doorbell.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do you mean when it loads between the 2 recordings?

you get an image of the bright sun coming over the middle house on the other side of the street before it then loads the next recording?

I have just checked mine and I get a fuzzy screen and the word "loading..." before the next video starts

If I click on the burger menu in the top left under the Help section at the bottom I have 3.70.0 and I am on Android phone (Samsung Galaxy A13)

I have a Ring door bell and 2 x Ring security cameras and I get the loading bit between each recording on each of the cameras\doorbell.
Thank you for replying,
Yes, you have described exactly the same problem as my own. Nothing seems to work to rectify the problem, I have tried four different routers, which do not make any improvement.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Soldato
I don't think it's a problem. I'm pretty sure it's just Ring changing how it loads clips up, the reason why loading appears is because they're fetching the next clip.

It's definitely not your network either, don't forget all Ring footage is stored on their servers. They probably did this change in an attempt to reduce bandwidth usage on their end.

Soldato
Yep would agree.

I get the "loading" with a blurred background when its loading the next clip up.

normally to view mine I go in to the history section on the main screen and look through each video from there rather than watching them all in a row.

Soldato
There has been an update to the Ring App.

I am now on 3.71.0

Not too sure what the changes are or what its fixed if anything

Back
Top Bottom