RMA whole order of 2 kits ram and cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Christ, you just can't help yourself can you.. I'm not going to warrent this stupidity with a response anymore.
If I as an uninterested third party can't work out what it is you want from OCUK, maybe take that as a tip that they don't know what you want either. A positive outcome might require some clearer communication.

I never said you were inexperienced, but you clearly stated you were short on time and ended up wanting a pre built computer instead of finishing the build yourself. Again that just shows poor communication, no offense was meant, I was literally quoting your own words to point out that possibly some of your ire is misplaced.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sure you would
Not really, I've spent years on forums, although not in the last 5 or so years, I was even the lead administrator of a Web design forum, at the time the biggest in the UK called Webforumz so I feel I can get an idea of tone most the time, maybe I've just been unlucky with a couple of bad responses.

Soldato
You're in 'general discussion' where half the people probably don't know what a computer is, let alone own one.
For them this is just a chat forum on the internet. Post a thread about the weather or something...
Talk to the shop directly with issues, nobody here will help you.

Last edited:
Associate
As others have stated, it is an unfortunate series of events.

Although it is annoying it is just one of those things. Unfortunately in this sector and due to the nature of the components they don't repay labour costs. had you bought the components from the other shop it is likely they wouldn't have charged you or come to some sort of amicable agreement

I'm not saying you have done, but it is a possibility you've made an error somewhere that's wiped it all out, or it could be one of the failed components has wiped out others etc etc. it is highly unlikely that you would get 3 different components from 3 different companies all failed after the QC processes they go through. But who knows I don't know you and Im.no electronics forensic analysis expert

I do see where your coming from and understand the frustration but is one of those things that just needs to be chalked up to experience.

Sometimes I hear these horror stories and makes me feel really lucky I built mine and worked right out the bat with no trouble shooting required.

Does make me panic for when I build a pc for my boy in the not to distant future.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As others have stated, it is an unfortunate series of events.

Although it is annoying it is just one of those things. Unfortunately in this sector and due to the nature of the components they don't repay labour costs. As stated, had you have bought the components from the other shop it is likely they wouldn't have charged you to try and rectify the issues.

I'm not saying you have done, but it is a possibility you've made an error somewhere that's wiped it all out, or it could be one of the failed components has wiped out others etc etc. it is highly unlikely that you would get 3 different components from 3 different companies all failed after the QC processes they go through.

I do see where your coming from and understand the frustration but is one of those things that just needs to be chalked up to experience.

Sometimes I hear these horror stories and makes me feel really lucky I built mine and worked right out the bat with no trouble shooting required.

Does make me panic for when I build a pc for my boy in the not to distant future.
I appreciate the response but I don't think you read my initial post correctly.. all three items were from 1 order from overclockers.

You're in 'general discussion' where half the people probably don't know what a computer is, let alone own one.
For them this is just a chat forum on the internet. Post a thread about the weather or something...
Talk to the shop directly with issues, nobody here will help you.
I would have assumed that the point of a forum attached to a business name is to discuss in part policies and improvement possibilities, I get the point about this being a 'general forum' but a more accurate point is the description states its for topics that do not easily fit any of the the other topic descriptions, it certainly, I'm pretty sure does not state 'only post in here If you know little or nothing about computers'.

Soldato
This is probably better posted on the CS sub forum.

GD is “thar be dragons” filled with internet Sheldon’s.
Literally no one has said any unreasonable; this guy is just an old sensitive boomer who wants his money refunded because his local computer shop made him feel silly.

Associate
What outcome are you hoping for?

A refund of the £26 for thermal paste and £80 wasted at a third party store?

The inconvenience you’ve experienced is why many people avoid building pc themselves.

You sent the ram back to overclockers and they refunded you, there’s not much more they can do.

Not many stores would provide monetary compensation for time wasted, or inconvenience in the same circumstances.

With regards to the ram, 3 of the 4 sticks were faulty, and on top of that the dimm slots were faulty on the motherboard? And now the cpu is faulty too? You’ve had some terrible luck.

How did you pinpoint the dimm slots were faulty and not the replacement ram from Amazon? If there was an issue with the motherboard perhaps the original ram from ocuk was ok? I appreciate you said ocuk said the ram was faulty.

I’m just trying to understand how you found out the replacement ram was fine but the dimm slots were faulty.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Literally no one has said any unreasonable; this guy is just an old sensitive boomer who wants his money refunded because his local computer shop made him feel silly.
I never asked for a refund and the computer shop did no such thing.. I think your mum is waiting for you to clean your basement..

Last edited:
Associate
I appreciate the response but I don't think you read my initial post correctly.. all three items were from 1 order from overclockers.

What difference does that make to what I posted? I didn't say you ordered them at different times. When I said 3 different companies I meant 3 different manufacturers. The CPU, ram and motherboard were all different manufacturers, doesn't matter if you ordered them on 1 order or not, it's still highly unusual for all 3 to fail.

I think one reason there isn't an ability to claim for labour and lost time is because it's likely quite difficult to determine whether it was manufacture fault or end user fault. If they allowed labour claims then most likely items would have to go back to the manufacturer, adding lengthy delays to ones claim and I can almost be certain that 99.9% of RMA's with labour claims will be rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom