Roll up roll up... OcUK Manchester (French Car) Meet No. 2

Man of Honour
Aye, but then Renault say 'prove it'.

I'm worried that if they don't fight it out among themselves and I have to do it that I might be left with the bill with both other parties refusing liability.

Soldato
Gilly said:
Aye, but then Renault say 'prove it'.

I'm worried that if they don't fight it out among themselves and I have to do it that I might be left with the bill with both other parties refusing liability.

True but the Insurers will have to prove it was the cause of the accident or they will have to pay out. So when they have proved it was, you will have the necessary info, for a case agaisnt renault.

Soldato
OP
I really don't think there's a way they can lump you with the blame/having to pay for the damage.

We've all got evidence that you weren't driving too fast for the corner. If you had been driving too fast, you would have ended up in the hedge. The pictures show exactly what happened, and where your wheel scraped the curb.

The only way this could have happened was through a mechanical failure, i.e. ball joint. Everyone agreed that it sounds like the ball joint failed before you hit the curb, and that's what caused the loss of steering.

I'm sure everyone who saw the accident would only be too happy to provide evidence to help you. Feel free to use my pictures, and e-mail me if you want the full size originals (with EXIF data).

Don't worry Gilly, us OcUKers will help you sort it out!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Be very careful about you guys being witnesses to Renault.

You know what people are like with stereotyping, if he tells them he was on a day out with a load of mates in fast cars they are going to put 2 and 2 together, get 5, and it'll do more harm than good :(

Soldato
I equate your chances of getting anything out of Renault to be exactly - zero.

Remember the 172 owners that found their cars doubled up as a driveway barbeques? They got diddly squat too.

Don't waste your time.

Associate
thedazman67 said:
did any of us see it actually happen who was behind you gilly when the ball joint popped.

thedazman

Think it was Cymatty, Benneh then me. I didn't see anything cos' i came round the corner to see a 172 parked on the other side of the road and thought "that bloke looks just like Gilly" :o

Soldato
Basically what i saw was gilly going up the hill (not at any great speed), he then turned into the corner (from where i was), and carried straight on and went out of sight, it didnt look like a slide. Then he was by the curb :(.

Soldato
That was a rubbish explanation.. But it's true, when he entered the corner he wasnt going too quickly (i would know, i was fast approaching cymatty + gilly on full throttle). The roads at that point were amicable, and he couldnt have 'just lost it and slid' in the area between the entrance to the corner and the point at which he stopped, at the angle at which he did.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Siliconslave said:
double flash, although i'm vaugly hopeing it might have been the person on my rear right hand side.... so the wait begins....

really dirty car don't you mean, its got more salt on it that the microwave meal aile at sainsburys! althought it is now sporting a rather amazing shopping list thanks to a fuel stop on the m40...

DSC00448small.JPG

Ripspeed baby !!!! :p

Soldato
OP
HAHAHA, so that's what he meant by shopping list :D

Nice work guys! That looks great! Bet it got a few looks on the way home! :D

Back
Top Bottom