• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rtx 2080 ti 11gb sea hawk ek x HELP!!!

Associate
Hi all my friend currently has the Rtx 2080 ti 11gb sea hawk ek x. He has decided he doesn't want to use his system with the custom loop anymore. My question is can I convert this card from a water-cooled block to a standard Air cooled block or even put on the aio system the sea hawk x uses. And where would I find these parts.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Associate
Hi,
Yes, the 2080ti seahawk ek x can have the waterblock swapped out for an AIO or air cooler.
If I remember correctly, MSI used the reference pcb for this gpu.

As for where to find the parts you're after, your best bet is on a second hand market place. Alternatively, you could swap/trade the MSI one for a different variant.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I bought one off these cards of mm that wasn't performing well after dismantle a few times. I found a vrm was miss a thermal pad, but when I looked at the pcb I dont think I seen the ribbon connector for a air cooler but you could rig it of a motherboard header. Best thing to do is strip the card and have a look but yes its fully possible to convert to air just depends how ghetto the mod will be.

Soldato
I had a Strix 2080Ti with a water block that I couldn't find thee original fan for, I managed to fit a Morpheus 8057 onto it just fine and the temps don't exceed 65 degrees under load.

Could be an option.

Back
Top Bottom