• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6700 XT Owners... What power draw have you achieved undervolting?

Permabanned
Hi,
decided I'll probably go for a 6700XT now...

I'd like to undervolt it but not reduce to clocks as I'm buying a pre-oc'ed one that's the clock speeds of a 6750.
I'm merely wanting to undervolt to get the best bang per buck power consumption wise so I can enjoy lengthy gaming sessions for as cheap as possible.

It will be paired with a b550m, 32gb cas-16 ddr4 and a 5700x...

Just interested to see what people have gotten them down to as I've seen some very bold claims/footage/screenshots of some as low as 135w draw in game - but granted those have had the clocks touched slightly, but it would be cool if I could get it down to say RX 6600 XT wattage?

FWIW I'll be only running at 1080p and if possible frame capping it to 60fps as I'll only be playing SP games, so I'm only after as high as I can run graphics settings at 60fps and obviously this'll hopefully yield a few more years futureproofing at 1080p 60fps for future games, and I'll just drop the settings as required a time goes bye :)

Any experience/input welcomed :)

Thanks!

Permabanned
OP
I'm pretty sure all the claims you have seen will not be frame capped so you will likely be getting better efficiency than what they have claimed. Nobody benchmarks capped to 60fps.
Yeah exactly mate so I'm hoping for an even more pleasant surprise power wise :)
In regard to this, I literally just add the game to the amd software and launch from there each time once the framecap is set, correct? Is there any issues doing this or will literally anything work?

Last edited:
Associate
what's Radeon chill?

Save Power while You Game​

Bringing Cool and Quiet Frames to Your Games​

Keep your system running cool and quiet by enabling Radeon™ Chill. This power saving feature helps save your battery by regulating your frame rates based on in-game movements. During intense motion, Radeon Chill will run your FPS up to a defined FPS cap, while in instances where there’s no motion on the screen, the FPS will lower automatically to save power consumption.

Permabanned
OP

Save Power while You Game​

Bringing Cool and Quiet Frames to Your Games​

Keep your system running cool and quiet by enabling Radeon™ Chill. This power saving feature helps save your battery by regulating your frame rates based on in-game movements. During intense motion, Radeon Chill will run your FPS up to a defined FPS cap, while in instances where there’s no motion on the screen, the FPS will lower automatically to save power consumption.

Sounds like exactly what I want. But I'm confused is there 2 ways of doing it with the amd software? As when SkeeterUK above said "framerate set in amd is less efficient than raedon chill set at min and max what u fancy like 60/60." it sounded like I was choosing the wrong method?

Last edited:
Associate
My 6750XT Gaming X Trio with under volting set at 1160Mv, Reference Clocks, on the Adrenalin Stress Test my Gpu uses a shade over 200W with Temps just below 60c.

When gaming i just use the reference clocks with the under volt and set VSync on to minimise power use,

Soldato
On amd drivers in adv under gfx theres a framerate limiter that globally limits fps to say 60 or whatever. Tho ive read somewhere that its better to use chill instead, i forgot why but sounded like it was better on chill than the global thingy. Maybe less laggy or latency or somit that way.

Then theres vsync in amd options but doesnt do much unless its a old dx9 game i think.

https://wccftech.com/what-happened-to-radeon-frtc-and-why-you-should-chill/ If it helps understand chill a bit more.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
My 6750XT Gaming X Trio with under volting set at 1160Mv, Reference Clocks, on the Adrenalin Stress Test my Gpu uses a shade over 200W with Temps just below 60c.

When gaming i just use the reference clocks with the under volt and set VSync on to minimise power use,
What's your stock tdp? I see conflicting information regarding the 6750xt that is has a higher tdp than the 6700xt?

For a 6700XT I have seen it's pretty common safe wise to use 1100mv? And you can go lower, I'll probably be aiming for stock clocks and as close to 1100mv ideally as I'm buying a pre-oc'ed card that's at 6750xt non oc model clocks. So would be nice to retain that.

Permabanned
OP
Thanks guys, so there's basically 2 settings to framecap in the Adrenaline software. Cool, will use chill then if you say it's better.
Regarding v-sync my monitor is 144hz so that won't be viable haha.

I'll only be using this for single player games so a capped 60fps should be smooth enough imho? This way I'll be able to squeeze as many years out of the hardware as possible at 1080p medium/high/ultra settings, and drop quality as required :)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks guys, so there's basically 2 settings to framecap in the Adrenaline software. Cool, will use chill then if you say it's better.
Regarding v-sync my monitor is 144hz so that won't be viable haha.

I'll only be using this for single player games so a capped 60fps should be smooth enough imho? This way I'll be able to squeeze as many years out of the hardware as possible at 1080p medium/high/ultra settings, and drop quality as required :)
The 6700xt doing raster at 1080p is strong card. You should be able to use ultra detail with no problems enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom