Ryan's Headphone Review Thread

maj

maj

Soldato
Good thread. Ryan how long have you owned your DT770s? Have you ever had to replace or clean the earpads? Mine are looking a bit worse for wear. With the material they are made out of not sure what the best way to look after them is.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I've had a pair for over 5 years I've probably changed the pads twice in that time. A simple wash every 6 months in some sopey water or even a quick wash in the washing machine and a little clean every now and then when they get mucky. They should last you a long time.

maj

maj

Soldato
Thanks, I've had a pair for over 5 years I've probably changed the pads twice in that time. A simple wash every 6 months in some sopey water or even a quick wash in the washing machine and a little clean every now and then when they get mucky. They should last you a long time.

I'll try and get a picture of how mine look. The cups are more of a dark grey now and look to have a bit of wear and tear on them.

Do you wash them still attached to the headphones or do you take them off and wash separately?

Associate
What are your thoughts on K612 Pro vs K702 Anniversary, I'm after an open or semi open can with great midrange with warmish bass (not a bass can). Budget £500 max, I was toying with getting the Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee Limited 90th edtn.

Associate
OP
I'll try and get a picture of how mine look. The cups are more of a dark grey now and look to have a bit of wear and tear on them.

Do you wash them still attached to the headphones or do you take them off and wash separately?
Just throw the whole headphone in the sink or washing machine.

No don't! ;) just remove the pads, wash them then dry fully then put the back on.

What are your thoughts on K612 Pro vs K702 Anniversary, I'm after an open or semi open can with great midrange with warmish bass (not a bass can). Budget £500 max, I was toying with getting the Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee Limited 90th edtn.

The 65th Anniversary demolishes the K612. The mids on the Annie's are very very good, vocals are rendered beautifully. It's just more balanced, refined, warmer, lusher, smoother and more detailed. The 65th Annie's are probably the best all rounder I've heard under £1000.

I've never heard the T90 Jubilee edition so can't really tell you how they sound.

Soldato
yeah we sell them too i think. :O

I'll check but pretty sure it's teh same spares

yes it is ET770V

Sure i can do something on the price :)

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
yeah we sell them too i think. :O

I'll check but pretty sure it's teh same spares

yes it is ET770V

Sure i can do something on the price :)

Be good if you could although I can't see them on your website anywhere. Only other place I know that sells them is the rainforest place so would be quite popular I'd of thought.

Associate
OP
I run mine off my ipod classic and Fiio E11. This is my portable rig and it sounds exactly how I like it. I sometimes run my AKGs off this when I want to be lazy and they perform fantastic. The DT770 does best with a warmer amp I think with good separation.

Associate
OP
Kingston HyperX Cloud is due within the hour. I'm going to make a change, I'm not sure if it will be permanent! it will depend on what the readers want but Instead of breaking the frequencies down in music I was going to lump sound into one and explain how they transition and fuse together to explain the sound as a whole which may be easier to understand how they actually sound.

HyperX Cloud will be the first to be reviews like this, if you don't like this new idea please say.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good review and quite an eye opener. It's not going to be good for sales of the Senn G4ME and Beyer MMX headsets that's for sure.

There are of course other factors involved when it comes to selling them, reliability, warranty, etc. but on the face of it, it would seem that Kingston have a winner on their hands.

Associate
OP
I really like them. As long as people don't compare them to their main expensive rigs and just give them a shot on their own and time for the treble to settle then I think a lot of people will enjoy these.

It's funny I had K712s on earlier and went back to the KC and I still enjoyed them! They sound good at low volumes too. These have been so handy for phone calls too they are pretty much a daily use thing for me now as my two closest friends are in the forces and are away a lot so phone calls can be long and the KC have made it easier.

Gaming wise they are just so handy to have around, the K712 are my top dogs but sometimes I just wanna game with KC and not loose out on too much and I feel that the KC have been pretty good.

I will recommend these quite often as a good, low cost all rounder.

Soldato
Soldato
Hi Ryan

I'm looking to get a decent pair of gaming headphones w/ mic for around £50 - I saw the Tactic3D Omega's and was about to buy them when I realised they were out of stock
Do you know of any alternatives? Must be wireless

Thanks

Associate
Yo Ryan, great thread!

i'm on a budget and looking for a decent pair of cans in the £50 range. i'm happy to buy 2nd hand. will mostly be using them for gaming and listening to music indoors. i have a separate mic so really just looking for headphones. i had a pair of Goldring ns1000 noise-cancelling headphones a few years ago but busted them up skateboarding (i usually never skate with on-ear headphones, was literally just heading to the shop!). noise-cancelling would be a bonus for long distance train/plane travel but it's no biggie.

i would guess i'd be looking for a pair of AKG's? maybe the Goldring's again? it's really hard to find 2nd hand Goldring's anymore!

thanks for your help!

edit: just read around a bit; i think i'm after closed cup headphones but open to open-cup as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom