Samsung 24" and 27" CFG70 144 Hz / 34" CF791 100Hz VA FreeSync

Associate
Samsung direct have it up but out of stock. I'm checking back daily in the hope that it will finally be available.

Also have the 27" version and the c34f791 up on their UK store site now, although out of stock. Prices are not bad at all given the pound losing ground:

C24fg70 - £299
C27fg70- £399
C34f791 - £799

Will take the 34" if that price is accurate :)

Soldato
Is that 34" confirmed to be HDR Premium?

I've said this many times and make it quite clear in my news article. This is not an HDR monitor. It does not have the colour gamut, contrast ratio or peak luminance to be classified as such. Same for every mainstream monitor on the market right now or projected to be available this year.

Associate
Samsung direct have it up but out of stock. I'm checking back daily in the hope that it will finally be available.

Also have the 27" version and the c34f791 up on their UK store site now, although out of stock. Prices are not bad at all given the pound losing ground:

C24fg70 - £299
C27fg70- £399
C34f791 - £799

Will take the 34" if that price is accurate :)

Link to the 34" ? I cant see it on their website.

Soldato
OP
C24FG70 and C27FG70 available in Europe now, so can't be long for availability in the UK now. Pricing is quite high for the 24" looking at £375+ and £460+ for the 27" 1080p.

Also new marketing video last week for the 34" CF791 3440×1440 Ultra-Wide 21:9

OcUK Staff
Still no UK retailors stocking this, Samsung come on!

We have being playing with them for a few weeks, but have had to keep our lips sealed.

But in short the VA, 1ms, Quantum DOT, 144Hz is an absolute master piece. We also have a model not shown here which were not allowed to mention yet but oh my god, it is without doubt the best freaking monitor I have ever used.

The Quantum DOT makes colours and sharpness absolutely stunning, without looking over-saturated. We have three of them here on long term test to help with Samsung's fine tuning for gaming, in short the guys here absolutely love them, other monitors simply cannot match the colour or sharpness particular on fast moving scenes.

You guys will be impressed, particular with a model coming in January.

The models you see here shall be on sale if all goes well by end of this week. :)

OcUK Staff
C24FG70 and C27FG70 available in Europe now, so can't be long for availability in the UK now. Pricing is quite high for the 24" looking at £375+ and £460+ for the 27" 1080p.

Also new marketing video last week for the 34" CF791 3440×1440 Ultra-Wide 21:9

Haha that is the one which is top secret, funny how they leak their own video, in short it is the best monitor I have ever used, it just seems to do everything brilliant, maybe only minor complaint is because of the 1500R curve which is brilliant for gaming and movies is not quite as good as a flat display for actual work usage, but I can easily get over that haha.

The OSD on 24 and 27" is super cool as well.

Samsung have being out the game for sometime, but I have to say I think they just blew every other brand out the water when it comes to gaming monitors and a lot more models will come next year. ;)

OcUK Staff
Any hints on the pricing for the 34" gibbo?

I am guessing it will be close to £1000...

We are trying to get an introductory price, but 1k will be regular price yes, but pushing for lower for first batch, will do my best. :)

But its worth 1k all day long, it is simply better than anything else out there:

100Hz guaranteed
Advertised as 4ms, but it reacts more like 1ms
Low input lag
Quantum Dot
3440x1440
1500R curve
sRGB 125%
FREESYNC

Even better an RX 480 and Fury power it absolutely fine, FREESYNC works very well, requested to know the freesync range but an RX 480 and Fury are silky smooth in pretty much all games maxed out at native resolution which is very impressive. :)

OcUK Staff
There's a 27" G-SYNC variant in the pipeline as well, but I believe it will just be Full HD. Nice to see Samsung back in the high refresh rate game though as pmc25 says. And hopefully they've pulled off something special with the responsiveness - the S34E790C wasn't bad in that respect despite being 60Hz, so it's possible.

I have met with the product engineers in Korea, we have expressed the need for 2560x1440P 144Hz 1ms VA G-SYNC and FREESYNC 27" curved and flat models. They have said they understand and it should/will happen, but be a few months.

Response time on the ones we have here is absolutely brilliant including the big 34" monster which in short is the best monitor I have ever witnessed.

Caporegime
Sounds good :)

You forgot to mention a high contrast ratio and no IPS glow too :p ;)

As good as it is, I still think it and other "high end" monitors in general are really over priced especially when you can get 55" 4k OLED HDR TV for <£2000 now. Of course, I understand this is the way things are in terms of the manufacturing scale i.e. more demand for TVs etc. but still, it is annoying :(

I think I would find that curve rather off putting, any idea if they will be bringing a less curved or flat version out in the future?

Also, have they got any plans to release a smaller 21.9 screen i.e. 29/30" 2560x1080?

Associate
We are trying to get an introductory price, but 1k will be regular price yes, but pushing for lower for first batch, will do my best. :)

But its worth 1k all day long, it is simply better than anything else out there:

100Hz guaranteed
Advertised as 4ms, but it reacts more like 1ms
Low input lag
Quantum Dot
3440x1440
1500R curve
sRGB 125%
FREESYNC

Even better an RX 480 and Fury power it absolutely fine, FREESYNC works very well, requested to know the freesync range but an RX 480 and Fury are silky smooth in pretty much all games maxed out at native resolution which is very impressive. :)

Expect my wallet to be thrown at you when the G sync version of this is released :D

Best

Wulf

OcUK Staff
Sounds good :)

You forgot to mention a high contrast ratio and no IPS glow too :p ;)

As good as it is, I still think it and other "high end" monitors in general are really over priced especially when you can get 55" 4k OLED HDR TV for <£2000 now. Of course, I understand this is the way things are in terms of the manufacturing scale i.e. more demand for TVs etc. but still, it is annoying :(

I think I would find that curve rather off putting, any idea if they will be bringing a less curved or flat version out in the future?

Also, have they got any plans to release a smaller 21.9 screen i.e. 29/30" 2560x1080?

Yeah being VA better blacks and they don't have the IPS glow issues and yes static contrast ratio is 3000:1, whereas IPS/TN versions tend to be 1000:1 then with some made up number for dynamic rate haha. :D

Associate

Forgive me if it has already been posted but the AMD website has:
Manufacturer Model Size LCD Type Resolution Range Interface LFC
Samsung C34F791 34" TBA 3440x1440 (21:9) 48-100hz DisplayPort™ HDMI® Yes

I have been trying to find out for a while if it has LFC and it just about does.
If samsung give you diffrent then I'd be interested to know.

If it is confirmed to hit 100Hz (or higher, I wouldn't complain), have LFC and the reviews are not disastrous then I would snap up an intro sup £1k version in that first batch.

Back
Top Bottom