Samsung 960 Pro / Evo

Soldato
The price has been changing wildly over last few weeks (here and else where). I'm positive it got as high as £379 for the 512GB 960 pro at one point.

Unfortunately I decided to shopped elsewhere and I pre-paid £317 including postage for an estimated delivery of 22nd November (as some else mentioned).

I could easily cancel if stock turns up here or there.

That 961 benchmark looks all the more advertising, however I shall be patient playing the long game..... pining for a GTX 1080Ti to finish latest build.

Yep prices have shot up. I paid £580 for 1TB and the £290 for the 512GB initially before canceling for said 1 TB. Gone up to around £620 and £320-350 respectively for current prices. Must be pre-ordering like hot cakes!

Soldato
OP
Could someone do me a massive favour and send me a copy of the driver disk that comes with the 960 pro?

As I've got the oem 961 there are no drivers.

Will to pay postage costs.

Soldato
Do driver disks even come with the 960 Pro? Nothing come with the 950 Pro of mine, can't imagine they would bundle anything with the 960 Pro either?

Man of Honour
Caporegime
Nice to have a fast drive on paper but as I've noticed game loading times are not that much different from a standard ssd drive:

https://youtu.be/ecCA0gx_eZk

I've never understood the big desire for these drives - they're 2-3 times the price of an 850 Evo and the performance increase is marginal apart from pretty benchmarks from what I understand.

They seem a bit like unfinished tech - overheating problems and only one or two slots on your mobo for them.

Last edited:
Associate
Pro is due end of this month, we expect the USD/Pound ratio to remain at 1.20 for that delivery.

EVO is not expected until December, as such with margin being slim, were using a USD/Pound ratio of 1.10 expecting pound to weaken further.

thanks to trump, that may not be the case ;)

Back
Top Bottom