Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Just seen the specs leak for the Samsung S24 family from @evleaks.

Think the image below is for the US market, as I thought the European markets would get an Exynos chip for the lower S24+ and S24 models.

Anyone looking to upgrade?

oTPcFSg.jpg

Associate
I use the S23 so

• Battery capacity is 100mah higher, essentially the same. What matters more is the efficiency of the Exynos 2200
  • Cameras look the same
  • 6.1 versus 6.2, this is OK assuming we talking about less than a millimeter of "growth"
  • Weight, hope its no heavier
Comes down to the efficiency question because I want more battery life not less

Soldato
Sounds like I will finally upgrade my S20 Ultra!

Currently leaning towards the purple one unless one of the online exclusive colours ends up being better

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would love one of these. Currently own a OnePlus 8 Pro and it's great, but I want a better display and camera. I will never however spend the kind of money they want for these things. It's absurd.

Associate
Currently on a 512gb 16gb ram S21 Ultra, I think I'm better off just replacing my battery for now, and extending the life of my phone for another year or two? Haven't noticed anything I really do on my phone needs the added performance offered, perhaps some mobile gaming (but I was into that more during covid than now) or emulators also.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went from S21 Ultra to S22+ and was pretty disappointed with the camera downgrade, nothing else really bothers me tbh

Very tempted to get an S24 Ultra on release but will try and hold off to see how the S24 Ultra camera weighs up against the Pixel 8 Pro in the reviews.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I went from S21 Ultra to S22+ and was pretty disappointed with the camera downgrade, nothing else really bothers me tbh

Very tempted to get an S24 Ultra on release but will try and hold off to see how the S24 Ultra camera weighs up against the Pixel 8 Pro in the reviews.

As someone who only cares about camera, I'd always prefer the top of the previous generation to the one below top of the current.

Would go for an S23U if
-video was better than S21U
-night was better than S21U

What do you mean you pre-ordered it? I didn't think it had even been announced yet. Where did you pre order it from?
I got a text from Three asking me to register my interest which qualified me for the free watch. So not exactly a pre-order.

Associate
I think the only big improvement is the 1-120Hz screen in the 24+ / 24, it was meant to improve battery life in the S23 Ultra but will it make much difference in the Exynos phones? Let's wait for the hundreds of comparison videos on Youtube

Soldato
Meh, I'll stick with my S23U and maybe see what the S25 offers. Might even downsize from the Ultra, miss the smaller size when I previously had the S10.

Back
Top Bottom