Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 (G95NC) 57" Uber-Wide

Associate
Currently just on a desk but building a new custom, updated rig that will have various motorisation options for seat/pedals and wheel deck.
Will have it that I can remove the wheel easily and then still enjoy desk style gaming.

Different to most setups or ones with triples.
I will be attaching my G9 to an upmarket TV mount, I had my eye on a specific one for a while and found a good deal for it late last year well below the normal price.
Sounds good. I would like to see it once you have it set up

Associate
Ive had the original G9 for 18mo and this is exactly how ive used it 99% of the time, because its impractical for most tasks.
They'll only operate at 120hz this way, but thats perfectly fine.

YakJACt.png
does that let you watch full screen video on 1 half of the screen?

Soldato
Just a new level of user experience....
Using my 57" with the Tobii 5 Eyetracker

Amused as this, lets you log automatically into windows with eye/face detection, including a nice touch with the ability to shake mouse pointer and it appear where you are looking, so helpful at times....

Latest version of "opentrack" software lets the headtracking operate with many sims using the Tobii 5.
So far the combination of being able to get a VR type experience in ACC with smooth head motion, but having the pixel density, clarity and good quality of image at the size/scale the monitor offers is rather super indeed.

Last edited:
Associate
does that let you watch full screen video on 1 half of the screen?
Yeah, the panel is in PIP/PBP mode (picture by picture) split 50/50, you just need to run 2 input sources from the GPU, from the 2x DP & 1 HDMI available.
So instead of 1 huge unmanageable panel you get 2x 1440p without the bezel down the middle, and if you ever wanted the full SUW resolution, disable PIP/PBP.

Im not sure if ive done something in windows that disabled the ability to enable HDR, im sure it was originally working a year ago (possibly in full SUW res), but i ended up disabling it myself anyway because with HDR on windows looks discoloured. Havent used it on Win11 but have it on a mini-PC connected to a LG C2 and it looks fine (the HDR issue hadnt occurred to me until now).

Associate
Yes I find myself thinking about it even now :D but I shall resist until they deliver it in OLED.
replying to myself for this one, but 15% cashback at the moment not sure if I can say from where, if I get a birthday voucher on top of that tomorrow (I see the cashback claims to end tonight) I may be tempted into this monitor, after all. + You get a free monitor to sell on could get this when all is said and done for a little over 1K, but we shall see.

They cancelled my order trying something similar with the S90C (with birthday discount) but just putting it out there for anyone else who may be glancing by.

Soldato
No certainty we will see OLED at this resolution even next year.
I dont think their is even an option yet using OLED for large screen 21:9 with 5120x 2160

The biggest annoyance with this display is the situation with PCs and HDR gaming.
Don't get me wrong it can look superb with rich colours etc in SDR but I would like to see a video on how to configure the monitor for HDR games or if others have come across any guides or such settings.

Last edited:
Associate
I’m looking at this monitor for purely Sim racing for my new Simagic U set up. Only thing is I can’t get it down past £1979. It’s expensive for what it is. Using the QN90c I got on offer last month for £565 (£100 cash back still waiting from Samsung) as sim screen.using AW 34 OLED for pc use and games. Got a 4090 to power.

Associate
I’m looking at this monitor for purely Sim racing for my new Simagic U set up. Only thing is I can’t get it down past £1979. It’s expensive for what it is. Using the QN90c I got on offer last month for £565 (£100 cash back still waiting from Samsung) as sim screen.using AW 34 OLED for pc use and games. Got a 4090 to power.

Use top cash back and a refer a friend discount or alternatively use a birthday code without cashback.

Soldato
Indeed @BGAStories

Have any of you seen this guys work before in video below?

Currently I am now at the point I want to get the most from the monitor with HDR gaming.
Downloaded the Windows 11 HDR calibrator but wondering if anyone else with 7900XTX has tried what this guy references or in his other videos?

I got to say that I am loving older titles too at the moment, getting to feed my curiosity of having them at native resolution, graphic settings maxed and beyond 200Hz.
What I want to see as well is how well the monitor looks with much lower resolutions 3480x1080 with different games but wondering if any of you here played around with different resolutions to gain framerates?

Also wanted to ask if anyone has used Flawless Widescreen?

Last edited:
Associate
Ive got a 4090 so limited to 7680 x 2160 120hz native or 5120 x 1440 240hz.
Surprisingly 5120 x 1440 looks pretty good and runs super smooth, but I still prefer to play native res 120hz as its very responsive, still smooth and looks great.

I ordered a 7900xt for my work productivity rig and also plan to test and see if I can play older games like Halo MCC at native 7680x2160 240hz....if not ill step up to a 7900xtx lol

Associate
Can’t get hold of birthday code and even signed up with fresh accounts to get one and nothing.
next best bet is to buy one on here or another well known forum.

Right now topcashback is doing 12% for monitors just seen they've raised the price back above 2K so probably not worth buying at the moment, wait for another offer where it's below 2K and then make sure you have a refer a friend code + birthday discount, also a monitor to trade in would knock off another 100 (so find one for less than 30 on ebay etc as an example)

Associate
Can’t get hold of birthday code and even signed up with fresh accounts to get one and nothing.
Price dropped again, if you use a refer a friend code + + trade in monitor + cashback offer (which you get 8 weeks later) total price = £1488.25

if you can get a birthday discount instead you'd have that below £1450, just remove the cashback offer :)

edit + free 32" M50C FHD Smart Monitor with Speakers & Remote (Sell that on for whatever you can) probably £1400 or £1350

Last edited:
Associate
Price dropped again, if you use a refer a friend code + + trade in monitor + cashback offer (which you get 8 weeks later) total price = £1488.25

if you can get a birthday discount instead you'd have that below £1450, just remove the cashback offer :)

edit + free 32" M50C FHD Smart Monitor with Speakers & Remote (Sell that on for whatever you can) probably £1400 or £1350
I got it for £1979 with Quidco tracking at £217.quidco should pay out and never needed to add a code as the price was reduced. And free 4k 28in monitor which will go to a new home once I’m happy with the 57in. Just hope the courier (panther takes care of it) this is for mainly a sim rig with odd first person single player shooter. Not bad using there 36 month 0% PPC. So with £217 cash back and say £150 for 28in 4K should be around £1615 mark. Not as good as getting birthday codes. But I will be happy if it’s all good and no issues.wont sell the freebie on until I’m happy with the 57in.

Last edited:
Associate
Panther were great for me with the 1st delivery of my TV, took it wherever I wanted it placed. The 2nd delivery only one driver so he couldn't be bothered to help as much, and then the TV was damaged when I opened it. Hopefully because of the curve of these displays you get no issues with your delivery.

Still a great deal you got there :) hopefully you end up happy with it.

Associate

Got the display an hour ago, very happy with the SDR content on this display, but HDR doesn't look so great to me, will look to see what I'm doing wrong, or if there's settings out there :)

SDR makes everything feel really good, HDR (at least how I have it set at the moment ) lacks the brightness and pop of SDR.

Edit : Found a setting called best brightness, it was adapting to my environment, turned it off and it's really bright now :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom