samsung s90c oled

Associate
dose anyone have a samsung s90c oled TV and using it for gaming with AMD GPU ? Just want to know if it will work without any problems with a RX 7900 XTX

Associate
dose anyone have a samsung s90c oled TV and using it for gaming with AMD GPU ? Just want to know if it will work without any problems with a RX 7900 XTX

I have a s90c , I use it for gaming (Xbox) but I have never hooked it up to my graphics card, I can’t imagine it being a problem?

Soldato
What do you think of the tv? I’m planning to buy one soon, it was that or the LG C3 but rtings thinks the Samsung has the edge.

Associate
What do you think of the tv? I’m planning to buy one soon, it was that or the LG C3 but rtings thinks the Samsung has the edge.

I own the S90C but modded it, to be an S95C in terms of brightness and turned off the auto dimming, to do the same just make sure it's a gen 2 panel :)

it's well worth the money if you want amazing hdr performance in movies and games.

It'll be fine for any high end gpu provided you use hdmi :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I own the S90C but modded it, to be an S95C in terms of brightness and turned off the auto dimming, to do the same just make sure it's a gen 2 panel :)

it's well worth the money if you want amazing hdr performance in movies and games.

It'll be fine for any high end gpu provided you use hdmi :)
Interesting thanks, how did you mod it?

Associate
Interesting thanks, how did you mod it?
Well the caveat is people say it breaks your warranty, but you just got into the service menu and there's a specific panel type

With a service remote I accessed the service menu.

Under Option & TypeI had a 55A40UGOC (S95C panel)
which means it is compatible to be changed into an S95C.

Other model codes are likely S95B panels.

I changed this to 55A4OUSOC (S95C code)

I backed out and then turned the TV off for 10 seconds.

I turned it back on.

Brightness goes from I believe 200/1100/1100 to 280/1400/1400

you can also turn off auto back light dimming and some other stuff, but at your own risk :)

Last edited:
Associate
If anyone is after one,

Do the following

S90C
Trade in any tv
code TV10
and topcashback 20%

got a 2nd S90C for £809 which is £648 (Including waiting for the cashback which was £161 and takes 8 weeks)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom