• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

HRL

HRL

Soldato
How do we find out where we are in the queue?

I put an order in within 8 mins of Gibbo posting and seeing as these aren't high-end NV cards, the list can't be that long.

I'm just curious. :)

Associate
How do we find out where we are in the queue?

I put an order in within 8 mins of Gibbo posting and seeing as these aren't high-end NV cards, the list can't be that long.

I'm just curious. :)

I ordered shortly after Gibbo quoted there was 160+ pre-orders on Saturday evening I believe so I'd like to think I'm amongst the first 200 :)

Associate
Not sure if to buy this to replace my 290x, I know it will wont produce much gain, but defiantly like the look of the card, Or just wait for the 1060?

Soldato
Not sure if to buy this to replace my 290x, I know it will wont produce much gain, but defiantly like the look of the card, Or just wait for the 1060?

Neither of those will be a significant upgrade it seems, more of a sidegrade, however if you have a 4gb 290x you will get more vram and additional features on the 480, HDR and better DX12 performance etc.

I have a 290, im waiting on the big big vega and i plan on buying 2 of them, but i am kinda tempted to buy a custom 480 in the meantime just to play with, i dont expect it to outperform the 290 though.

Associate
Decided to order after hearing the 1060 isn't even going to be reviewed until 17th July! Hoping it wont be too much longer, upgrading from a 7850 so likely to notice a difference!

Associate
From 290 you will see difference. Performance of reference 480 is just around 390 sometimes better sometimes worst. Here is nice comparison by digital foundry

https://youtu.be/ksN3VMkutQQ

For me the biggest thing about 480 is power consumption. I probably can go crossfire without buying those expensive 900+ w psu. Wo I'll buy second nitro after new year.

Soldato
From 290 you will see difference. Performance of reference 480 is just around 390 sometimes better sometimes worst. Here is nice comparison by digital foundry

https://youtu.be/ksN3VMkutQQ

For me the biggest thing about 480 is power consumption. I probably can go crossfire without buying those expensive 900+ w psu. Wo I'll buy second nitro after new year.

Ahh yeah i have a 1000w Leadex Plat rated PSU :) power is least of my worries hehe.

Could be tempted to run Xfire Custom 480's til big Vega shows up, i run 1440p @ 144hz, so i could probably max that in titles with decent Xfire support, or get close to it.

Soldato
Neither of those will be a significant upgrade it seems, more of a sidegrade, however if you have a 4gb 290x you will get more vram and additional features on the 480, HDR and better DX12 performance etc.
Is there anything that is indicating the 480 is better in DX12 than Hawaii?

I've heard this claim a few times and not really noticed the evidence for it.

D13

D13

Associate
This is looking very tempting but I want to see review first to make sure its a quiet card, will we have to wait until its released before we see reviews?

Back
Top Bottom