SBF former FTX CEO sentenced to 25 years in prison!

Soldato
Something quite unsavoury about being able to do that, but it seems to be how the system works.

Yes and no, he could have come clean earlier on and got a plea deal that way. I suspect his defence would have told him not to and took a gamble on her not flipping on him.

Ultimately though he was the one in charge and had his name signed to everything, so it's only right he gets the harshest penalties from those involved.

Caporegime
OP
At least 85% of sentence for federal

That's been pointed out a couple of times, but for some reason, the Colonel has decided that prison sentence = serving every single day when that often doesn't really happen because of time knocked off for good behavior etc.

Soldato
That's been pointed out a couple of times, but for some reason, the Colonel has decided that prison sentence = serving every single day when that often doesn't really happen because of time knocked off for good behavior etc.

its no automatic and from listening to actual lawyers and former prosecutors I think he'll serve every day of it.

Caporegime
OP
its no automatic and from listening to actual lawyers and former prosecutors I think he'll serve every day of it.

Again, as already pointed out a few times now (including in the OP) that's incorrect. Unless you misbehave then it's 85%

In federal court you will have to serve 85% of your sentence if convicted of federal charges. Thus, if you are sentenced to 10 years in prison, you will actually serve 8.5 years in prison.

That's the result of The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994.

This is further clarified by:

The standard is 54 days per year knocked off if the prisoner doesn't misbehave or basically 15%

If you're going to carry on disagreeing with that then cite your source, lack of parole doesn't negate the reduction for good behavior... so what's the basis for your claim that he'd serve every day of it when the relevant legislation clearly says otherwise and sets out an automatic reduction so long as he behaves?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom