Secret lab titan Evo 2022 or noble hero black edition?

Soldato
I'm a bit torn, I've read and watched lots of reviews..

Both in the same ball park price wise, both look good.

How to make a choice, I've seen plenty of complaints and praise for both models... reading between the lines I suppose it's a flip of the coin, with the titan winning as they come in better colours for my decour, and the heros look a bit cheesy and less classy.

Soldato
Hi,

I've been in exactly your situation and although I can't give you any definite answers, considering our body shapes are likely very different, I'll happily try and babble on for a bit with details that may help!

I've got the Secretlabs Titan 2020 and the Noblechairs Hero (real leather version) sat in this room right now. ( https://imgur.com/a/BBqTGXh - the chairs next to each other). They're both extremely well built.

The Titan looks cooler to me.

They both have amazing build quality. Flawless. They feel like they'll both last forever.

The Titan is a MUCH snugger fit on the body. The Hero is a LOT looser and a more relaxed fit.

The Titan comes in a LOT more from the sides across the shoulder areas, making it appear noticeably less wide when sitting on it (hence the snugness). At least for me being a very tall person who is quite wide across the shoulders too, this is really quite annoying because you just can't get your shoulder/shoulder blades properly rested on it at all. I found myself with a lot of shoulder issues from not being able to fully get my back on the chair. The Hero doesn't have these issues and it's very comfortable on your shoulders. I'd say this is only to be considered if you're 5ft 10 and above. For example, my partner is 5ft 9/10 and she absolutely prefers the Titan shape and she now has the Titan indefinitely, but she'd be very happy on both, because they're both great.

I've just sat in the Titan again now and it feels really quite soft on the seat bit compared to the rather firm Hero seat. They say it loosens a bit over time and it does, but not as much as the Titan seat. The Hero is causing me no issues in this regard, but the Titan is still a noticeably more comfortable on the seat bit.

The Titan feels more of a 'gaming chair'. The Hero feels more of a 'proper' chair. Perhaps even way more so than the pictures of both suggest.

I've had the Titan 2020 now for about 2 years and the PU 2.0 fake leather is showing no signs of wear at all and the seat is holding very firm.

I didn't realise this before buying the Titan, but Secretlabs have a quite shocking customer service reputation and this probably would have put me off buying one if I'd known before buying. Noblechairs on the other hand have a really quite good reputation for aftercare.

They're both great. For me, it comes down to size as to which makes the most sense, to be honest. If you're under 5ft 10/11 and of relatively normal weight, I'd have been very tempted to go for the Titan since they look cooler with all the styles. For anyone either very tall or fairly heavy, the Noblechairs Hero seems a no brainer... just as long as you're also aware that the Hero seat is really quite firm and takes some getting used to.

The perfect chair would probably be the Secretlabs Titan seat bit, with Noblechairs Hero back bit, and the styling designs of the Titan! :D

Soldato
OP
Hahaha thanks!

I'm 6'3 and 100kg give or take... although I've read the revised Titan 2022 version is wider with less agressive 'racing car seat' curves, and they do an XL version which might be an option as my weight/height puts me at the top limit of the regular size.. I think I might go with an XL titan 2022, but the customer support is a worry.

Hmmm....lol

Soldato
I have the Titan Evo 2022 and I do like the chair it's the only desk chair I can sit that doesn't give me upper back pain and that's because I can raise the lumber support right up to the middle of my back

Unfortunately though I have had issues with it and had to deal with their support, the issue was the lumbar support was extremely loud with a creaking noise, a common issue if you Google it, they eventually replaced the backrest after a lot of emails and now the replacement does it but thankfully no where near as loud, still annoying for a £400 chair though

There is another thread on here regards secretlabs, have a look, I won't buy another from them knowing what their support is like but if you get a chair without any issues it's a heavy, big and solidly built chair that looks nice and has some good features

Soldato
OP
Thanks, yeah I've read the other thread and read about the creek (although Im sure I saw a youtube review vid on this and they were saying new ones are shipping with an upgraded part or something?) -does it just creeak when adjusting it or is it every time you move?

Soldato
Hahaha thanks!

I'm 6'3 and 100kg give or take... although I've read the revised Titan 2022 version is wider with less agressive 'racing car seat' curves, and they do an XL version which might be an option as my weight/height puts me at the top limit of the regular size.. I think I might go with an XL titan 2022, but the customer support is a worry.

Hmmm....lol
Yeah, I'm 6' 8 and 100kg and I find the Hero clearly a better fit for me, but who knows for you. I'd hazard a guess that you'd be the same, though. If you've no history of back problems, either will likely be completely fine!

The perfect chair would be Secretlabs styling, Secretlabs seat, and Hero backrest! Why can't somebody make that happen!? :D

Soldato
Sorry, forgot to say... I've actually sat on the Titan 2022 revised (step son has one) and it felt very similar on the shoulder bits to my Titan 2020, except the backrest was slightly taller (I think 85cm vs 89cm, which even at my height felt a bit pointless, since waaay before that the shoulder bits start coming in). The Titan 2022 also has more problematic lumbar issues than the 2020 model as pointed out above, and good luck getting them to sort it under warranty! My 2020 TItan has been perfect throughout, though, absolutely no build quality issues at all, thankfully!

Associate
I have the Titan Evo 2022 and I do like the chair it's the only desk chair I can sit that doesn't give me upper back pain and that's because I can raise the lumber support right up to the middle of my back

Unfortunately though I have had issues with it and had to deal with their support, the issue was the lumbar support was extremely loud with a creaking noise, a common issue if you Google it, they eventually replaced the backrest after a lot of emails and now the replacement does it but thankfully no where near as loud, still annoying for a £400 chair though

There is another thread on here regards secretlabs, have a look, I won't buy another from them knowing what their support is like but if you get a chair without any issues it's a heavy, big and solidly built chair that looks nice and has some good features
Tip for the lumbar support noise. I have found that if I dial it back to zero when not in use it then it makes much less noise, sometimes none. I realise this is a workaround and not ideal, but if it stops the noise driving you crazy that is something at least.

Soldato
Tip for the lumbar support noise. I have found that if I dial it back to zero when not in use it then it makes much less noise, sometimes none. I realise this is a workaround and not ideal, but if it stops the noise driving you crazy that is something at least.

Thanks and secret lab were asking people to do this a while back, it does work but I'm not doing that every time I use the chair. Like I say the replacement isn't as loud as the original and I'll live with it for now but plan to sell it in the future and get something else

Soldato
OP
Just by way of update, I took a risk and went for a sectret lab titan 2022, XL.

I'm guessing I got the revised components as the lumbar doesnt seem to make any noise. really nice chair so far, but only used it for a few hours so far.

Some observations:

• The XL is BIG lol. I'm right on the edge of regular or XL according to thier specs, at 6'3 and 100kg. I think the regular one would feel a bit more snug, but the XL allows me to wiggle around and shift position more I guess. I certainly wouldn't get the XL if your under 6 foot, and not fat, mainly as I think the distance between the arm rests would be too wide.
  • The arm rests rattle if you wiggle them but not a big deal.
  • Excellent adjustment and very comfy. Firm but supportive, maybe a tiny bit too firm but I guess it will break in a bit over time, so I'm happy with that, I wouldn't want the foam to collapse and it become uncomfortable.
Overall I'd give it 9/10, so far.

Back
Top Bottom