Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Soldato
FIRMWARE Update - Thanks to a guy called Meat Wad on Youtube for the heads up.
Firmware update released couple months ago. To update download the Sennheiser gaming updated, run the software I needed to then update the software for it to show the GSX has compatible. the new firmware will show up release notes below with link to updater.
https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/gaming-downloads

Sennheiser GSX 1000
Release Note

Date: 14-02-2018
Version: 5.23.37.0.808

Change Log

New Features:
• Added Support for tournament mode.
o Volume wheel on side can mute communication while tournament mode is active.

Changes and Bug fixes:
• Fixed an issue with start up on USB 3.0
• Microphone has been retuned for improved performance.
• Improved audio performance in 7.1 mode.
• Optimized signal to noise ratio on side-tone (microphone).
• Fixed an issue with mute function on windows 10.

Designed primarily for gaming, the GSX 1000 audio amplifier features a Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine. The groundbreaking 7.1 Virtual Surround Algorithm was developed with the needs of professional gamers in mind. Experience surround sound on a new level.

It works with PC and Mac.

SURROUND SOUND REBORN

Designed primarily for gaming, the GSX 1000 audio amplifier features a Sennheiser Binaural Rendering Engine. The groundbreaking 7.1 Virtual Surround Algorithm was developed with the needs of professional gamers in mind. Experience surround sound on a new level. It works with PC and Mac.

CHANGE SOUND SETTINGS ON THE FLY

The stylish and durable GSX 1000 features an intuitive LED touch panel and aluminum volume ring for rapid fingertip control of your sound, and requires no additional drivers – so there’s no need to tab out of the game to tweak your settings. You also have the possibility to save up to 4 favorite settings.

EXCEPTIONAL IMMERSION

The GSX 1000 has been designed to be the heart of your gaming sound, with a dedicated DAC chip that requires no additional drivers. The amplifier gives precise control of both game and communication sound, allowing for separate adjustment and USB inputs for each. Besides the range of EQ settings, it is also possible to set Reverberation levels to change how the user feels in physical spaces of the game.

INTUITIVE AUDIO CONTROL

The red on black display dims down when not in use to cut the distractions, and brightens the instant it senses your hand is near. It allows you to instantly adjust the Sidetone to change how loud your own voice sounds, and to switch between headset and speaker sound without unplugging cables.

Video for you guys :D not something I found easy doing tbh talking down a mic to yourself is harder then it seems. I tried my best though to explain everything and showcase the unit.

Looped music video for you
Start 2.0 - 0ff - Music - Story - 7.1 - off - Music - Story
and then for a laugh Esports 7.1

Dolby 7.1 test - "Throughout" ;) This video the interference is easy picked up :( So for this video ignore sound quality and just listen for the positional cues

Overwatch GSX vs Dolby - GSX really shows its worth in this title I feel.

Keep in mind here the GSX works best when a game or Movie is outputting native 5.1 / 7.1 channel the GSX then takes that and creates its own Virtual Surround sound.. This Video sample is "Stereo ONLY" so the GSX is taking a two channel stream and creating a virtual surround sound. Even though this isn't the recommended way of using the GSX I firmly believe it's done an excellent job here even beating the Dolby Atmos Headphone.

Just come across this Review of the GSX 1000. Not sure how I missed this I do follow this channel. Excellent Review and says it how it is!

Warning they is some bad language not to much.

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/audio-amplifier-gsx-1000

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
First couple of reviews on the rainforest giving this high praise.. Still surprised to not see any reviews popping up yet? Rainforest also has this releasing November 5th £199

Soldato
OP
Just had my dispatch email :D
So far they is only couple reviews going around.. I have taken a gamble paying the price and see for myself just how good it is.. Knowing sennheiser I expect a quality product.

Back
Top Bottom