Sent Item To Wrong Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
bigjohn said:
he has since offered an amount which has been accepted that left him out of pocket,

How did it leave him (or should that be you) out of pocket

He received an item which was sent to an incorrect address by mistake - the next day "sold it at a car boot sale" - seems no attempt was made to find out where it came from, other than ringing Royal Mail who said he could keep it (which i find higly unlikely that they would say this with out checking into it).

At the least i would expect that they would check to make sure they delivered the item to the correct address and look into to it which would proberly take them at least a few days to investigate. (It was a special delivery item so they i doubt they would just say keep it, SD items get treated with much more investigation than one 5 min phone call).

Again - why did you/he not look into where the item may have came from.

Soldato
bigjohn said:
p.s. mr g works for a bank call center as such 100% of calls are recorded - especially in the insurance area - as i'm sure explicit will confirm - this is an FSA regulation. - and also good from a cost cutting perspective.

Which he will in turn have no access to i expect, so 100% useless.

Associate
bigjohn said:

What on earth happened to honesty?

It's pretty damn obvious "your colleague" didn't order it, so why sell something "your colleague" hasn't ordered? Why not ring/email the person that sent "your colleague" it and tell them to do something about it? Would have been a darn site more honest!

And as for "your colleague's" excuse of not knowing wether he'd ordered it or not, or whatever the awful excuse was - if you don't know what you've ordered and what you'll be receiving you need help.

If "your colleague" sent something to me through the mail, perhaps worth £100 or more, I'm sure you'd see fit the right thing to do would be to sell it on at a car boot sale.

So to summarise that all - get a grip. "your colleague" is in the wrong, and needs a damn slap for being such a fool.

Associate
toosepin said:
Explicit, you're a good man. Taking your time out to help the OP and offering good, solid, reliable, professional advice is just the icing on the cake.

You're a good role model for us all. :)

(and giving me a good read at that)

I'm truly flattered by your very kind words, thanks for making my day :D

Soldato
bigjohn said:
p.s. mr g works for a bank call center as such 100% of calls are recorded - especially in the insurance area - as i'm sure explicit will confirm - this is an FSA regulation. - and also good from a cost cutting perspective.
Oh the irony that someone with such apparently questionable morals when it comes to honesty and predilection for ripping someone off for a quick buck, no questions asked, should work for a bank or insurance company...

.... alledgedly... :D

Caporegime
Burned_Alive said:
Forum whip round for SCC costs anyone?

It would seriously be the icing on this thread. :D

I personally would be happy to fork out a few quid to see him taken to court and taught a few morals.

Last edited:
Soldato
This thread should be archived once it's seen it's course. Bloody fantastic. :cool:

This is in no small part due to Explicit, his knowledge of UK legislature has given us more grounding to have a go and bigjohn and his colleague. ;) It's also really nice of you to be advising Hyper on this matter, and I hope this all works out for the best. :)

And bigjohn.. Please just admit that you're Mr Green... We all know it's you and we all know who informed you of this thread's existence.. A pretty lame thing to do, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't add to the quality of reading.

Soldato
Burned_Alive said:
Which he will in turn have no access to i expect, so 100% useless.

I call BS on the recording anyway.... I work in a call centre for a bank and one number could go to a possible 200+ people. (no direct lines on the floor iirc)

How hyper got direct line to mr green, in a call centre on the sales floor (the recorded phones) i have no idea???.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Benjarghmin said:
You misinterpreted me. I'm saying if everyone did this kind of thing, the court system would have so much of a backlog it'd be useless.

Fortunately for the justice system the majority of individuals are not greedy callous opportunists.

Soldato
OP
Hi all,

Thanks for all the great support and I am really surprized at how much this topic has took off. I am going to stick by my guns and send him a message stating the £60 isnt enough and as already stated in the letter I want either the card returned or £120.

I will keep you all updated ;)

Associate
naffa said:
This thread should be archived once it's seen it's course. Bloody fantastic. :cool:

This is in no small part due to Explicit, his knowledge of UK legislature has given us more grounding to have a go and bigjohn and his colleague. ;) It's also really nice of you to be advising Hyper on this matter, and I hope this all works out for the best. :)

And bigjohn.. Please just admit that you're Mr Green... We all know it's you and we all know who informed you of this thread's existence.. A pretty lame thing to do, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't add to the quality of reading.

I really appreciate that naffa, thanks for the compliments :D

Hyper said:
Hi all,

Thanks for all the great support and I am really surprized at how much this topic has took off. I am going to stick by my guns and send him a message stating the £60 isnt enough and as already stated in the letter I want either the card returned or £120.

I will keep you all updated ;)

Hold your horses, read my email first.

Associate
But we still don't know who the mole is :(

bigjohn said:
you'd be suprised that the person who sent the link isn't who you think it is - if my assumptions are correct that is.

You can thank them for spoiling this thread :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom