Severance

Soldato
Ok you lot have convinced me - think I'll smash through this once I've done these night shifts as I have iCloud family sharing for Apple Music and only just realised my sister has an ATV subscription which means now I do too.

Associate
Subscribed a week after hearing on the Tested podcast this was the best show this year and have just finished it tonight, amazing show.

Soldato
Haven't read this thread incase I get a spoiler but I'm really liking this, it's so strange but at the same time not to weird to lose interest like Outer Range.
So curious what's going to happen, I'm 5 episodes in.
The way you could become two separate people just be having memories separated, is Matrix level clever weird.

Associate
Brilliant, binged through it this week, almost annoyed its not a mini series and didnt get resolved.

the lift "protest" in the third or fourth episode is just so dark and messed up

Soldato
what does everyone think they are doing down there. Was it simply testing the brain chip to see how they were reacting so that rich people could use it on their wives? Or were the number relevant to something else?
All those departments must be doing soemthing.
What the hell was the goat bit meant to be about?

Soldato
Just binged it over 2 days. There’s a part of me that worries that the explanations for all the wtf Lumon stuff in the basement isn’t going to be quite as clever as I hope for (getting strong Lost vibes) but otherwise I’m 100% invested. Pacing not an issue for me, taking your time is fine if you have an actual destination to get to. It also helps the general production as far as cinematography, sound etc is top notch. That main 4 note theme is stuck in my head!

Soldato
Smashed this over a few weeks.
Awesome show! One of the most original in a long while. Looking forward to it getting even more messed up in season 2.

Patricia Arquette has to be the stand out for me. Her character makes me wanna punch the TV in rage.

Soldato
Smashed this over a few weeks.
Awesome show! One of the most original in a long while. Looking forward to it getting even more messed up in season 2.

Patricia Arquette has to be the stand out for me. Her character makes me wanna punch the TV in rage.
If you'd have given me a million guesses, I'd have never ever realised that was Patricia Arquette

Soldato
Ah, got me excited thinking i'd missed a few seasons and had something to catch up on.

Enjoyed season 1, could have cut out the bloat in the middle a little but a great show overall.

Caporegime
I just got round to this and holy **** that was a good watch

9/10

April 2024 and season 2 finished filming with a estimated 6 months edit time

Honestly where does it go from here?
I think that was an almost perfect ending without a series 2.....

This has been my stand out watch in 2024 and i wish I caught it sooner.

Back
Top Bottom