Shogun

Soldato
I wonder if the seeming public outcry for "more" might lead to an "away from the books" season 2 being made, showing the things only glimpsed during the finale, like becoming Shogun etc?

I'm very happy with what we got though, I'm not sure adding more would be the best idea, as I'd rather leave it as it is rather than risk creating from scratch something which is poor.

Soldato
I wonder if the seeming public outcry for "more" might lead to an "away from the books" season 2 being made, showing the things only glimpsed during the finale, like becoming Shogun etc?

I'm very happy with what we got though, I'm not sure adding more would be the best idea, as I'd rather leave it as it is rather than risk creating from scratch somethiang which is poor.

I hope not.

If they wanted to show the Battle of Sekigahara and Toranaga becoming Shogun, another two episodes would have served that purpose well. There's maybe enough content there for a movie, but a second season would be mostly filler.

Last edited:
Associate
Excellent series.
Possibly losing two of my three favourite characters in Yabushige, Fuji is a right kick in the bits though. I could be left with only budget Hardy for season a 2.

Last edited:
Commissario
I really hope not. Considering how long this took to make, even if they did, it would be years before another series.

But it doesn’t need it. It’s finished, the story is complete.

Soldato
I hope they make a 2nd season, even if it took 3/4 years to get right, wouldn't matter to me. They've built a world that's unbelievably popular and there's clearly an appetite for it. Why let that world go to waste.

I think as long as Sanada is involved as a producer, they've got a great chance of making this more than just the original book.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've said it in this thread already that I've seen the original mini series and read the book multiple times.

It's a superb story and this is a great interpretation. I'm very pleased that they've not strayed far from the source material. I wouldn't want it to be different, it doesn't need a different interpretation.

A couple of phrases from the end of the book has always stuck in my mind and I hope they use them.

Are you really sure? If so, click the blurred text

Toranaga never lets John Blackthorne leave Japan

Ishido lingered three days and died very old.

And in case anyone was in doubt, I posted this after the first episode...
I'm kind of in two minds whether I want to see this or not I was frankly rather obsessed with the original series and even read the book, rather superb if you're looking for a blockbuster novel that isn't just gash padded with crap - so I'm not sure what a remake could bring other than better CGI etc. That being said the BBC gives it a good review and overview (its also funny that they talk about it as if it were a completely new show which no-one has heard of before, there are still some of us around who remember the original I've even got the DVD on my shelf...). The original was very close to the book surprisingly so infact.

I really hope not. Considering how long this took to make, even if they did, it would be years before another series.

But it doesn’t need it. It’s finished, the story is complete.
There is only one book so.. yeah. Not needed. It is loosely based on a true story Clavell spiced it up of course but at the core its essentially true not sure how any new writings would fit in with that probably not at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom