should i report this (facebook) person

Associate
Yeah, don't get people who accept 'friends' who they don't know and aren't even in the same county, I don't even accept friends of friends unless I know them...

And adding them then talking to them is tragic. I think your lieing you've told you girlfriend, that's if you have one.

Caporegime
I get these requests occasionally and I always wonder what sort of person accepts them.

This is typical facebook spam - random pics of a 'glamour model' stuck on a facebook profile - the friends list invariably is full of men...

The person you're chatting to isn't a prostitute OP - its likely a man, in Russia/some Eastern European country.

Soldato
the funniest part is how he ''accidentally'' unblocked

read this as: was feeling mightily proud of the fact that such a girl could be interested in him and his gf doesn't put out anymore.

OP, be honest, you were only a click away from paypaling her some cash in the hope you'd get some naughty pics back. you'd probably end up in £1000's worth of debt.

go look up gullible in the dictionary.

Man of Honour
rating_5.gif

Wow, this is so 2005, except it was on Faceparty back then not Facebook. Had someone tried the same on me in that year. They pretend to be a Russian or Ukrainian girl and strike up an online relationship with you. I got as far as email # 3 when I started getting suspicious. Lo and behold, her picture and Faceparty account has been copy-pasted at other places on the net. What happens is that if you get strung in hook, line and sinker, they pretend that they're poorly or they have a poorly child and request money off you via Western Union for hospital treatment. They keep milking you until you come to your senses (or you don't). If you did get strung on for long enough to having had arrange a meeting at an airport, of course they don't turn up. I'm surprised people are still pulling this one 7½ years later.

Good web site on this called Russian Detective.

Edit: this scam is known as the "travel and visa scam".

Last edited:
Soldato
Has others have already pointed out... why are you authorising somebody you don't know?

You can also send them a message before authorising to ask who they are, so if you aren't sure whether it is somebody you know, you can do so beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom