Show us your kitty cats

Man of Honour
So after waking and getting me up at 7am by using the bed as a kitty Grand National course Bert and Ernie have finally crashed.

Bert-and-Ernie-chair.jpg
Sooooooo cute. They are like my Cleo and Ozzy used to be. Now they are huge with Ozzy weighing over 6 kilos and still managing to look scrawny.

This is them at 10 weeks old when we first got them. Cleo decided to use Ozzy as a pillow.
L1M3Jq9.jpeg

This is the most recent I have of them and taken in the last week of February. Cleo enjoying some fresh air.
b8Z2m3z.jpeg

Ozzy on the bed with me. I am 6 foot 2 inches with long legs and he is massive. He seems to have had another spurt since then as well.
ev9aB0O.jpeg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ozzy and Cleo? Cleo is very much like your beautiful pair but Ozzy is something else altogether. They are brother and sister from a litter of just two and Ozzy is very different to his sister in both markings and temperment. She is gentle while he is a brute!! He has the strongest jaws of any cat I have come across, even the vet couldn't part them to check his teeth at his annual last year. The things he does to whatever he catches is just terrible. Last year he would go missing for days at a time and had me in a right old state. I eventually found where he was going (a small wood down the road where he made a bed/nest) and by visiting him several times a day and giving him his favourite treats he eventually came back home. In the time he went missing he was also trapped as there were reports of a Highland Wildcat prowling around here. It wasn't though, it was Ozzy because the guy who laid the trap told me he caught it and showed me the pictures. I was furious when I saw it was Ozzy and the trap was never set up again after that. Their dad may well be a Highland Wildcat though as they are from New Blythe out near Turiff and it's a hotspot for Wildcats. The mother is a tiny little black cat living on a farm. She got out one day and must have got caught by a male roaming the area. Sometimes I look at Ozzy and see Siamese in his eyes, Norwegian Forest Cat in his coat and size, it's like he's a Frankencat. I would do a DNA test on him b ut you need to swab his cheek for 15 seconds and that isn't going to happen unless he wants it to. He would probably eat the swab anyway!!

Soldato
Sorry to bring the thread down.

Unfortunately my kitty deteriorated, she just nibbled at food and her coughing afterwards got worse. Bless her she was so thin and weak but still stubbornly dragged herself downstairs to curl up with me last night

Some lovely vets came out today and she left us peacefully and, with the way she was this morning, if there ever was a right time today was it.

We were both petting her as she went to sleep at home.

18 years she was with us, it's broken me. :(

so sorry to hear that, it is always so painful when we lose our furry pals :(

Soldato
Been to Vet again this morning - Ronnies ear has slightly less gung in it than last week but she still couldn't see his ear drum - So one more week and if it's not better then off to another branch for camera probe. That means we have to take him late afternoon the day before because he isn't litter trained so needs to go out and also we can't stop him eating as he nips into neighbours for a bit to eat.
He is getting used to going to vet - He wails when I grab him but once in box and car he just settles down - When we get there just open box and out he comes - After vet had looked in his ear he just sat there looking at her -he really is good now.

Fortunately Ronnie has stopped hunting as he used to bring in mice and bits of rabbit.

At our old house Tiggy had a stoat - the damn thing sprayed the dinning room and did it stink. Took some catching vicious little things.
When we sold up and moved we found half a dead rabbit in cubby hole under the stairs - no idea how long it had been there.
Tiggy was walking along in front of kitchen units and stopped dead and looked at a drawer -I opened it right up and found a mouse in a nice little den made of chewed up plasters.:)

Man of Honour
X rated Bert. What a tart.

X-rated-Bert.jpg
That's what my Cleo does every night. I watch something on one of the streaming services before going to sleep and Cleo will come in, come upstairs and jumps on the bed (even when soaking wet!!) and she walks up the bed between me and the wife. She goes all the way up onto my pillow and I have to throw the duvet off (she has trained me well) so that she can stretch out down my side (I have fleece pyjamas on) and rolls onto her back. I then rub her tummy and she wraps her back legs around my arm (even the wife doesn't do that) and we stay like that for a couple of hours. She just loves a cuddle and a tummy rub. Once I turn the telly off and get back into bed she sleeps on top of the covers between my legs. If my legs are closed she lies on top of them until I open them (told you she had me trained)!! Ozzy will have a tummy rub every now and then but half the time he lulls you into a false sense of security and grabs your arm/hand with his massive claws and then the teeth gets involved as well. I don't know why I still risk it but when his fluffiness rolls onto his back like that he looks so cute and a 50/50 chance isn't too bad. :D

At our old house Tiggy had a stoat - the damn thing sprayed the dinning room and did it stink. Took some catching vicious little things.
When we sold up and moved we found half a dead rabbit in cubby hole under the stairs - no idea how long it had been there.
Tiggy was walking along in front of kitchen units and stopped dead and looked at a drawer -I opened it right up and found a mouse in a nice little den made of chewed up plasters.:)

Abby caught a stoat a few years ago and luckily I was doing some gardening at the time so caught her before she took it into the house and dumped it on the front door mat. I thought it was dead so once Abby had dropped it I picked it up to dispose of it. The little ******* was only playing dead and latched onto my finger. Luckily I had thick gloves on so it didn't break the skin so I started to carry it toward the field at the bottom of the garden with Abby jumping up trying to reclaim it. The little git let out a ear piercing shriek and proceeded to spray myself and Abby with some really awful smelling gunk before letting go and legging it off to the fields. Evene a hot shower couldn't remove the smell and it took a couple more showers for it to go completely. Poor Abby wasn't amused as she had to have a bath as well bless her. My clothes went straight in the bin!! She hasn't caught another since and her hunting days are done now thank god. Now I just have to hope that Cleo and Ozzy never catches one!!

I have a key for my next door neighbours house so that I can let her cats in when she goes to work and at the weekend I let Cindy and Cherie (1 year old Ragdoll x sisters) in and on the top doorstep was the back legs and tail of a mouse or vole cleanly bitten off and just lying there. Heathens they are!!

Back
Top Bottom