silly season - F1 2017 driver line up

Soldato
Massa in talks with Williams!? Acording to the French magazine L'Equipe.

The Brazilian driver is in talks to take the wheel for Williams. What unlock the puzzle of Mercedes, still seeking a replacement for Nico Rosberg.

Have they given up on Bottas and JB not available?
Andi.

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
This is the only way I can see Mercedes avoiding Wehrlein, if Massa steps back in. I didn't see that coming!

Its going to cost Mercedes £17 million though :D

However, in reality, not sure Massa is the driver he once was..

Soldato
This is the only way I can see Mercedes avoiding Wehrlein, if Massa steps back in. I didn't see that coming!

Its going to cost Mercedes £17 million though :D

However, in reality, not sure Massa is the driver he once was..

He was never a great driver, just one of the top tier 2 guys like Rosberg, Webber, Rubens and the like.

I think Massa would be a backwards step for Williams. The new(er) crop of drivers are all better than him.

Transmission breaker
Don
They have to have a driver over 25 as a stipulation for their martini sponsorship, that's why massa suits till they can find someone else! Not to mention needing some continuity with the car transition/development.
As said, it will be a 1 year deal at the most..

Soldato
I think there's quite a lot of fans wanting to see Button get back in a car for next year, but he's been very consistent in saying that he won't drive for anyone other than McLaren, and he really has mentally left the sport now - it was evident by the end of the season.

Man of Honour
Odd move going to Sauber, who don't have Merc engine, when their car is likely to be slower than Manor's too. Might just be due to Manor going through a buy out and might be risky.

Back
Top Bottom