Sky Sports to remain home of Formula 1 until 2029 after deal extended in all Sky markets

Caporegime
Soldato
Well, that sucks. Was hoping F1TV would be a thing here or that DAZN would get the rights as they have it in other territories. I literally only have Sky Sports for F1 and the odd boxing card. I'd be a few quid better off each month without Sky.

Soldato
I can't believe Sky won't have gone for an exclusive deal again.

I mostly watch the 5 minute highlights on Youtube these days but a shame, F1TV seems to be a much better option and pricing.

Caporegime
I don't mind. Live races are too boring and take too much time over the summer weekends.

As long as highlights are still on c4 in a similar form to now I don't mind.

Really I don't want to sit through 3 hours of TV when only an hour is worth watching. If that.

Soldato
Absolutely gutted! I point blank refuse to pay the price Sky are asking, the NOW TV streaming option is an absolute disgrace as well with HD being a chargeable add-on!
I was at least hoping for access to F1TV Pro on my AppleTV with any extended deal between F1 and Sky, like the deal done between F1 and FoxTel in Australia.

I'll be making do with the highlights on Channel 4 which I actually think is a better produced product.

What happened to customer/fan choice? The UK fans being hung out to dry again!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Absolutely gutted! I point blank refuse to pay the price Sky are asking, the NOW TV streaming option is an absolute disgrace as well with HD being a chargeable add-on!
I was at least hoping for access to F1TV Pro on my AppleTV with any extended deal between F1 and Sky, like the deal done between F1 and FoxTel in Australia.

I'll be making do with the highlights on Channel 4 which I actually think is a better produced product.

What happened to customer/fan choice? The UK fans being hung out to dry again!

I like the c4 coverage. Its like a comedy show. Much like f1. I'm on board with the light hearted vibe

Soldato
It's £25 + £5 for HD. Daylight Robbery.

There are usually guaranteed to be £20 a month offers which come out when the F1 season starts or the football season starts. Also if you keep threatening to cancel boost you always get a good offer. My most recent one was 3 months boost for free.

Soldato
I've still managed to hold on to the very old legacy deal that got the F1 channel for paying £10 / month for HD.

Me too! Still don't like paying for it though :p

Every time we're up for renewal I have to do the whole "We got F1 HD when it was a single product years ago, I don't need all the sports channels" etc etc rant. But it's worked.

I do however have UHD and all the other (non-sports) channels mind, so they're still getting a pretty penny from me!

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
I don't mind. Live races are too boring and take too much time over the summer weekends.

As long as highlights are still on c4 in a similar form to now I don't mind.

Really I don't want to sit through 3 hours of TV when only an hour is worth watching. If that.

That's the reason I haven't enjoyed F1 since... Or haven't even watched a full season since at least 2012 or 2013. When it used to be the V6s. When they went turbo my interest really got lost with it and how much the grid has changed since then. Plus the outside politics coming into the sport and all the twitter coverage.

Back in 2009, the Brawn days to 2012/13 I'd be glued to every practice session, even 2007/2008, qualifying, race/build up and after plus post race discussion when it used to be 1 - 2 hours after the race with the Sky crew. Including the weekly F1 show in their studio through the week. I'd have been glued to it.

These years I just cannot find any interest even though I have the F1 package. MotoGP seems to have sparked my interest this year. You don't seem to get circus antics with MotoGP plus it feels more interesting like the way F1 was with ITV/BBC. Crofty just seems to get louder and louder anytime I check it out compared to 2009/10. I'd take Murray Walker over Crofty if it was possible.

Back
Top Bottom