*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
My fully-loaded (other than TNT sports) Sky Q package is going from a discounted £70.50 to £119.50 next month. I called and the best they could offer me was £105pm. It's just too expensive for what I use, which is the occasional football match or F1 race and the very occasional film - the rest of what we watch is on other streaming services or terrestrial TV. I have 32 days until my contract ends so I'll be giving 31 days notice tomorrow.

I have played this game a few times before and ended up with a much better deal in the cancellation period but that seems to be much more difficult now, especially if I want to stick with Sky Q (which I do as we record and re-watch a lot of stuff).

Soldato
Ddffdddfdtttt, t, 7
My fully-loaded (other than TNT sports) Sky Q package is going from a discounted £70.50 to £119.50 next month. I called and the best they could offer me was £105pm. It's just too expensive for what I use, which is the occasional football match or F1 race and the very occasional film - the rest of what we watch is on other streaming services or terrestrial TV. I have 32 days until my contract ends so I'll be giving 31 days notice tomorrow.

I have played this game a few times before and ended up with a much better deal in the cancellation period but that seems to be much more difficult now, especially if I want to stick with Sky Q (which I do as we record and re-watch a lot of stuff).
Just the usual cancel and wait for an offer for me. £120+ down to £70ish

Soldato
Didn't end up cancelling today in the end, as they offered me the package for £76. Still a bit of an increase but I decided to take out broadband with them too, which is considerably cheaper than my BT broadband at the moment!

Soldato
Has anyone got a contact number for Sky other than 0333 7593920? Basically my Dad is in arrears as he cancelled his D/D & needs to speak to someone but this number suggests that's only possible once you pay what's owed & he doesn't want to do that as his peeved about them continually jacking up the price without notice :rolleyes:

Soldato

I didn't get anything in the cancellation period barring a generic text if I recall correctly.

Since I left I had a couple of calls and a bunch of stuff through the post.

Decent discounts but sick of Sky and their price rises and charging for stuff which should be standard like HD.

Even if it was cheap I'm not sure I'd go back, flicking through hundreds of channels full of rubbish, repeats and usually ads just doesn't appeal.

Soldato
I am joining this thread as slowly noticed our sky monthly cost increasing.

£83 or so a month at the moment.

For Sky Q, Fibre, Cinema, TV & netflix

It is getting expensive

But I have to ask. Who else can we look at please.

All very good leaving Sky, but will still need Internet and TV (no aerial = new house)

Thank you

Soldato
I am joining this thread as slowly noticed our sky monthly cost increasing.

£83 or so a month at the moment.

For Sky Q, Fibre, Cinema, TV & netflix

It is getting expensive

But I have to ask. Who else can we look at please.

All very good leaving Sky, but will still need Internet and TV (no aerial = new house)

Thank you
If you have a compatible Sky dish you can buy a Freesat box for TV. They are a bit pricey since they only have one manufacturer of the boxes unlike Freeview but don't need an aeriel and it's a one time cost but 2 or 3 months of your Sky sub and it would be paid off.

Obviously it's a limited channel selection but covers the main ones and then you have streaming for everything else.

You'll still need Internet but just go with whoever has the best price for the speed you want. I'm with Sky for that as they just introduced 100mb in my area and they were a good price.

Associate
Was offered £65 (down from £109) by the value team and an extra mini box and £20 credit for:
Signature
Cinema
Sports
Hd
Multiscreen
And Kids
I took off UHD to bring it down a little but turned it down in the end.

Soldato
Think I'm just going to cancel next time it comes round. Fed up of paying over £100 a month. I'll keep the broadband as never had an issues with that, but the TV can go. The family mostly uses streaming services anyway.

Soldato
Think I'm just going to cancel next time it comes round. Fed up of paying over £100 a month. I'll keep the broadband as never had an issues with that, but the TV can go. The family mostly uses streaming services anyway.
£100 including broadband? Is that for the full tv package?

Soldato
£100 including broadband? Is that for the full tv package?
Yeah, Broadband, anytime calls, full TV including multiroom. I do like the Broadband though. But the TV is just sheer laziness. It's a convenient way to watch TV with Sky Q, despite it being slow AF for the streaming smarts. There my Nvidia Shield boxes are much better. But I mean, I like Paramount+ I won't pay for when I cancel, despite quite liking it. I am happy to pay for Netflix, and already pay for Amazon and Disney. So I might just cancel Sky next time round, keep Broadband, and pick up Netflix again. I pay it because I like watching the Formula 1. Meanwhile since I am paying for that, all the extra stuff aint too much more expensive really. And it makes life easier for the wife and kids.

Soldato
Yeah, Broadband, anytime calls, full TV including multiroom. I do like the Broadband though. But the TV is just sheer laziness. It's a convenient way to watch TV with Sky Q, despite it being slow AF for the streaming smarts. There my Nvidia Shield boxes are much better. But I mean, I like Paramount+ I won't pay for when I cancel, despite quite liking it. I am happy to pay for Netflix, and already pay for Amazon and Disney. So I might just cancel Sky next time round, keep Broadband, and pick up Netflix again. I pay it because I like watching the Formula 1. Meanwhile since I am paying for that, all the extra stuff aint too much more expensive really. And it makes life easier for the wife and kids.
I just got sky stream, entertainment and netflix only as theres a lot on sky atlantic/box sets i want to watch. For two boxes its £25 a month which i think is reasonable. Don't have any other streaming service though. I do want to watch NFL when that starts but on sky stream thats £26 a month! I'll look out for deals on now tv nearer the time.

What is streaming smarts?

Soldato
I just got sky stream, entertainment and netflix only as theres a lot on sky atlantic/box sets i want to watch. For two boxes its £25 a month which i think is reasonable. Don't have any other streaming service though. I do want to watch NFL when that starts but on sky stream thats £26 a month! I'll look out for deals on now tv nearer the time.

Do you still get Sky Sports Mix for free as that used to show Red Zone on a Sunday night which is fantastic.

Soldato

I was really just meaning the Sky Q box is slow. Doesn't have enough processing power to be snappy like a modern system / Nvidia Shield box. It just feels slow and clunky when loading apps and stuff. And no Plex. That would have been a game changer. If it had Plex, I probably would have put up with the slower speeds and saved an extra box. But as I now have a Shield on every TV in the house, if I drop the Sky, I can still use most services.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom