*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Associate
One week since sky switched off and still nothing from sky. Got the return box now and I’m just going to send it back. I’m not missing having sky and can get everything I want else where for a fraction off the cost with a bit more faff.

Soldato
The latest price increase is pushing my contract up 17.5%, once again going to cancel mid contract as my contract states the maximum it can be increased is 10%. Only just got the account fixed from the other issues it had.

Man of Honour
Another better offer received today, think that's 3 in the pst few weeks.
And another.

IMG-9179.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
And another.

IMG-9179.jpg
Had they bothered to send me anything like that within the first couple of weeks after leaving I could have been tempted - more so if the wife had grabbed it before me.
But all too late now. Number of months I've been clean any monthly fee is too much.
If they offered me all of their standard channels in HD for £10/month I might be tempted (saves on the NowTV passes every so often), but even then, that's still £10 a month (which would become at least £15 before contract was up).

Soldato
3rd agent finally cancelled the contract. No penalty, 5 months in to a 18 month contract.

They've introduced a new term where once the cancellation has gone through you can't re-negotiate. That 50% off leaflet is cheaper than what they'd increased my price to after telling me I was on the best deal and everyone's price had increased.

Soldato
If anybody is struggling to get a good deal - go to the " Winback team " they are apart of Sky not a lot people know about the dept
Asked to be put through , don`t talk to customer service its a complete waste of time

Been spoken about many times in the thread.

We've now been without Sky for a year this month and have zero intention of going back. They offer very little that you can't get elsewhere and as for charging for HD in 2024... they'd charge for colour if they could!

Associate
I think this is the year I leave Sky. I don't watch the movies or sport and I begrudge paying for free to air channels. Problem is, I just can't be bothered getting an aerial and running it to every room. I'm hoping Freely is the answer.

Associate
I think this is the year I leave Sky. I don't watch the movies or sport and I begrudge paying for free to air channels. Problem is, I just can't be bothered getting an aerial and running it to every room. I'm hoping Freely is the answer.
I'm going to give my notice on Monday, the jump to £108 for signature, movies, sports and 4k and no internet/phone etc is the kick in the teeth I needed to leave.

Man of Honour

Zom

Zom

Associate
I'm going to give my notice on Monday, the jump to £108 for signature, movies, sports and 4k and no internet/phone etc is the kick in the teeth I needed to leave.
With that kind of spend they'll surely give you a good retention deal if you do try to leave

Back
Top Bottom