Skyrim remastered free for pc if you own skyrim already

Associate
Back when I had the DK2 I heard skyrim was VR compatiable with a few mods. It did'nt work too well but that was the only reason I bought it.

However playing the game in normal mode I enjoyed it, applied a few mods but it bogged my system down too much and I stopped playing it.

I might download the remastered version and try to finish it this time.

Caporegime
While I love this game, I don't want to play it again. Shame it's not ESVI.

I put many hours into Skyrim already. I never thought the graphics were poor, and that was without any mods.

The main reason I'll never play it again is the mechanics. The quick-menu pausing the game. Not being able to cast with both hands occupied. Imagine how crap it would have been in other games, like BG, to have to remove your weapons to cast a spell - it's why in Skyrim so much time is wasted in the menu with the game world paused. And it drags me so much out of the world that no amount of graphical touch-ups will help.

tl;dr: Skyrim's problems were never the graphics.

Soldato
I put many hours into Skyrim already. I never thought the graphics were poor, and that was without any mods.

The main reason I'll never play it again is the mechanics. The quick-menu pausing the game. Not being able to cast with both hands occupied. Imagine how crap it would have been in other games, like BG, to have to remove your weapons to cast a spell - it's why in Skyrim so much time is wasted in the menu with the game world paused. And it drags me so much out of the world that no amount of graphical touch-ups will help.

tl;dr: Skyrim's problems were never the graphics.

Sky ui.

And im sure theres a mod for the magic, even if it just translated regular spells to being "powers" like shouts that you can use with weapons, and hotkeys to change spells.

I just wish trees would load properly

Soldato
OP
I wonder tho. Whats the chances that they just grabbed some mods and put them in skyrim and said hey this looks great. Then they thought i wonder if this would run ok on the consoles and maybe release them as a hd remaster so we can sell it again for ps4 and xbone.

As in used something like these mods.

http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-make-your-own-skyrim-special-edition-with-mods/

Tho im almost surely wrong and they did the work to emulate said mods probably and then some but would be funny if it turned out to be true.

Associate
I'd much rather they did a remaster of morrowind, skyrim still plays just fine, I suppose its mainly to get console gamers to buy it again for mods.

Associate
I might reinstall and finish the actual story line. Sunk hours and hours into the game and never got near to the main story.

Likewise! Might have to play it mod free though or I'll get completley side-tracked again lol.

I'd much rather they did a remaster of morrowind, skyrim still plays just fine, I suppose its mainly to get console gamers to buy it again for mods.

Well, Skywind is still being developed so there's hope!:)

Associate
I don't think the remastered version is that special,a modded version of skyrim with enb and texture mods etc still look way better,its a cool thing for the consoles though but might as well just buy the normal version cheap from a key site and mod it for best graphics :)

Permabanned
Well, I have standard+ all the DLC on steam and i cant add the legendary addition to my cart so i'm assuming standard+DLC will be treated the same and get the upgrade. Hopefully.

W8a58k3.png

That's my understanding, I went and bought the one dlc I didn't have to make sure I get the new version when it releases.

It say's on the store page
Get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special edition if you own the original game and all of it's add-ons

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think the remastered version is that special,a modded version of skyrim with enb and texture mods etc still look way better,its a cool thing for the consoles though but might as well just buy the normal version cheap from a key site and mod it for best graphics :)

I believe this is why PC users get it for free, as for us we can mod it passed the remastered quality, where-as console cannot.

Makes sense in my eyes. :)

Soldato
I always end up modding too much and struggling to get ENB settings right, so I'm hoping this will look and run well so I can get a nice immersive replay at 3440*1440.

Although it's Bethesda we're talking about here, so highly unlikely. :(

Back
Top Bottom