So, this post office palaver then

Soldato
Mackenzie is a grief-leech, suddenly hitching his horse to the SPM wagon, despite ignoring pleas to publish (and actively suppressed) their stories a decade ago.

@BloodInquiry are experiencing the same with the Terence Higgins Trust; who ignored haemophiliacs infected with AIDS and refused to acknowledge or offer any support, until roughly 3 years ago, when the bulk of the cover-up was made public.
Now they're sidling up to get involved with the Arms-Length Compensation Authority, because there's the potential for £Millions in consulting/advocacy fees.

Both scandals have very similar themes: particularly the supposed "arms length" bodies (the former P.O Head of Legal is in charge of settlement agreements for the SPM scheme). It's typical of government to force the victims' to have their compensation decided by their abusers.

Soldato
Seems to me to be pretty standard "covering your backside" that goes on all the time in business. Just we are not aware of it.

I remember, many years ago, I helped to design a building control system for a banks computer centre. The computer was highly valued so was protected against fire with Halon gas, which of course is very dangerous to humans. In the event of a fire, the air conditioning had to be shut down to starve the fire, a siren set-off, and the people had thirty seconds to clear the area before the doors sealed and the halon was dumped. Unfortunately, thanks to a bug, the fire system didn't always shut off the air conditioning. This not only fed the fire, but pumped the halon around the offices.
That would have killed about three hundred people and was considered a serious problem. The building would obviously fail it's fire safety tests. To rectify that, the installation company sent in several people with walkie-talkies, so that when the fire officer triggered the alarms, they leapt from the shadows to switch off what was supposed to be switched off by the automated systems.
As far as I know, the building was left in that lethal state for three years.
This was the tip of the iceberg. The thing is that there are millions of pounds involved and companies are quite prepared to risk the lives of employees rather than lose that amount of money. I was told if I said anything it was all be denied and I would lose my job. I asked what would happen if the building caught fire and three hundred people died. I got told, "well, evidence would be destroyed in the fire".
That sort of thing happens all the time. This is what you get when there are penalties for failure.
When I watch the Post Office staff on TV in the enquiry. I smell the same BS as back then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom