Something to play with my 11 yea old that's not Minecraft

Soldato
my daughter (15) and I have been playing a lot of Stardew together - 200+ hours on one map/world on Console, and 45+ hours on PC version (we wanted to play 1.6)

Soldato
I still love to play Unreal Tournament 99 once in a while, got me into multiplayer gaming, loved zeroping instagib. Hence my username here!

Only just surfaced so can't think straight, but Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 is a fun racer with split screen.

Soldato
Only just surfaced so can't think straight, but Hot Wheels Unleashed 2 is a fun racer with split screen.

The original was good fun, but ruined as a 'play with friends' experience by two really stupid decisions:
1) You couldn't join a lobby as a group. So impossible to guarantee you were playing with your friends.
2) You couldn't have bots in a multiplayer race. So you couldn't have a race with a couple of friends without the track being too empty for it to be proper good fun.

Have they fixed either of those pieces of stupidity in the new game?

Soldato
The original was good fun, but ruined as a 'play with friends' experience by two really stupid decisions:
1) You couldn't join a lobby as a group. So impossible to guarantee you were playing with your friends.
2) You couldn't have bots in a multiplayer race. So you couldn't have a race with a couple of friends without the track being too empty for it to be proper good fun.

Have they fixed either of those pieces of stupidity in the new game?

I've not looked at the online play at all on either Unleashed 1 or 2 to date, so no idea, sorry! :o

Soldato
could get an older Nintendo system and play co-op mode games

better than a PC for kids i think, there is no internet on there at all to worry about

Soldato
Forgot to mention my daughter and I also play a lot of:

Gang Beasts
Wobbly Life (fantastic game) - 35+ hours together co-op on that game very fun
Party Animals

Soldato
No Man's Sky has been a favourite with my lad; father and son marooned on an alien planet leading to flying our spaceships through the universe. Not forgetting the base building which I suspect he likes the most!

Looking forward to Light No Fire by the same developer, hopefully that's a good co-op experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another vote for It Takes Two. Brilliant game.
You only need to buy one copy for two people to play it. The second player downloads a free version that allows to them to play as a guest with someone who owns the game.

Back
Top Bottom