Spec me an LED Torch

Caporegime
dads Christmas present sorted then.

the git drained the non rechargeable batteries for my breaching torch :p

where's a good place to buy non fake 18650?

Soldato
Can't get that discount code to work :(
Edit,Meeks it's only for the no anodised one, pity.
Edit, found a code that works with the anodised version, happy days! It's on the 2nd BLF link if anyone is interested.
Would be a great xmas present for the old man.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought unprotected cells are a big no no with high output torches?

Edit, you can select protected but they're twice the price. £30 for two batteries is absolutely nuts

Soldato
I bought a nitecore for about a tenner, its capacity isnt amazing but good enough when I have couple laptop panasonics also. Actually most torches will scale back when they detect the battery has had enough, my complaint is they dont let it run 20 or even 10 seconds before going to the lowest light point but anyhow it'll work ok without protected.
Not tried this one but it looks a better deal

What I would recommend avoiding is using unprotected in multiples, in the same torch. Especially if its a cheap torch ideally dont also buy cheap batteries but dont think size is so strict as a spring is involved usually

I've read it's between 1200 - 1300 so should be a nice little jump from 900.

Thats amazing for the price

Last edited:
Soldato
the protected ones wouldn't fit in something designed for a 18650 though would they because they are no longer the right size?

thought they had to use a smaller cell put the protection on then pack it up to the 18650 size?

I've used protected cells in each of the many 18650 lights I've had over the years, I never use unprotected.

Mobster
Soldato
wheres a good place to buy legit batteries, amazon etc seem flooded with fakes

Think its been answered already but yeah amazon direct and pay the extra for protected.

There's also Keeppower batteries too which have Panny cells and Keeppower electrics and there's a lot of others that use Panny cells so you dont have to go with full on Panasonic.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

the protected ones wouldn't fit in something designed for a 18650 though would they because they are no longer the right size?

thought they had to use a smaller cell put the protection on then pack it up to the 18650 size?

Protected cells are only a few mm longer - easily taken up by the spring in the tail cap.

Back
Top Bottom