** SQUEEZED ONE LAST OFFER OUT OF DUCKY BEFORE XMAS **

Associate
Blue is best for typing. But for me its also best for gaming. Really is a personal preference. But avoid if you do not like noisey typing.

Soldato
Don't know which switch would be better? I'll be using it mostly for typing. I use a controller more for gaming. Would blue be best?

Satisfying sound, good for typing, bit pants for gaming (general average opinion) = blue

Slightly quieter, slightly better for gaming, marginally not as good for typing (general average opinion) = brown

very quiet, good for gaming, iffy for typing compared to above (general average opinion) = red

Blacks I personally wouldn't recommend for anything other than in garages/tills where you need to know you pressed that button.. still see them on sale as gaming keyboards though at some retailers :confused:

Can't really go wrong with blues or brown, it's just a matter of the sound, I prefer browns, wife uses blues on hers but she types far more than I do, I game more than she does.

Associate
for what it's worth, the red switches of this were my first ever mech kb (at least since the 90s). Massively impressed. Great build quality and (to my eyes) design. It's a thing of beauty to behold (especially with the RGB function where it lights up the last key you typed).

In terms of feeling i came from a logitech k750 (scissor-keys) so i do really appreciate the longer travel on the keys (though to my hands the "feel" of typing is not massively different). Oh and it is much noisier than a scissor key, but it's actually a more pleasant "thump" than the scissor key bottom out sound, so i'm allowed to keep it :D

I don't plan on programming the leds or macro, but wish there was an easier, software based way to do it.. as far as i can tell it can only be done on the kb.

OcUK Staff
OP
for what it's worth, the red switches of this were my first ever mech kb (at least since the 90s). Massively impressed. Great build quality and (to my eyes) design. It's a thing of beauty to behold (especially with the RGB function where it lights up the last key you typed).

In terms of feeling i came from a logitech k750 (scissor-keys) so i do really appreciate the longer travel on the keys (though to my hands the "feel" of typing is not massively different). Oh and it is much noisier than a scissor key, but it's actually a more pleasant "thump" than the scissor key bottom out sound, so i'm allowed to keep it :D

I don't plan on programming the leds or macro, but wish there was an easier, software based way to do it.. as far as i can tell it can only be done on the kb.

Glad you are happy with it! In the back of my head I seem to remember talk of Ducky software for customising your keyboard and programming Macro's. But I may be imagining it! I'll make some enquiries tomorrow and see if I can find out anything.

Soldato
My Ducky arrived. Wow lovely keyboard. Blue switches are very nice for typing and the rgb lighting is cool.

Cheers OCUK :)

PS: can I use that software on my keyboard Nik?

Ducky1.jpg

Ducky2.jpg

Soldato
Been eyeing this up for weeks, hoping the offer would run out and stop tempting me...
No such luck, after a couple of beers at the weekend i caved, ordered the blue switch version and it should arrive tomorrow!
It will be replacing a Logitech G910 Orion Spark, just wasn't getting along with the feel of the Roamer switches, wernt bad but, i guess i just preferred the cherry switches on the Filco Majestouch II i had before it, I loved the RGB lighting of the G910 though so the Ducky seems like a nice inbetween, I just hope it has a similar quality, solid and robust feel of the Filco.

Soldato
Been eyeing this up for weeks, hoping the offer would run out and stop tempting me...
No such luck, after a couple of beers at the weekend i caved, ordered the blue switch version and it should arrive tomorrow!
It will be replacing a Logitech G910 Orion Spark, just wasn't getting along with the feel of the Roamer switches, wernt bad but, i guess i just preferred the cherry switches on the Filco Majestouch II i had before it, I loved the RGB lighting of the G910 though so the Ducky seems like a nice inbetween, I just hope it has a similar quality, solid and robust feel of the Filco.

Ducky quality is on point. Currently using a Ducky Channel one and have owned a Shine 3 TKL which the new owner has never contacted me to get a replacement sorted so I'll take that as a good sign. The Keyboards themselves like the filcos feel robust there is no rattling and the chassis doesn't twist if you pick it up and turn each hand the opposite way (believe me some keyboards do and also cost far too much money)

It's nice to be back on cherry blues though wooooooo.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Nik, looks like that's only for the Shine6. :(
Can you ask Ducky if there 's a way to make it support the Shine5?

Thanks

Should have realised this would be the case when he told me about this software about the same time as he was sharing information about the Shine 6 with me.

I'll ask the question and see if there's any possibility!

If anyone is still holding out on this deal I can tell you that the stock will only last a day or two more. :)

Back
Top Bottom