Steam remote play in VR (VR screen, rather than full)

Soldato
I've been playing a lot of BG3 via remote play when I can't access the computer (LAN) - does anyone know if you can run it on a VR headset to create a virtual screen to play off? I do have a steam link somewhere if that has better connectivity. It would be across the lan, so should have a solid connection, and with the game not being a FPS lag won't be an issue. Would just be awesome to have it on a massive virtual screen.

Soldato
I've been playing a lot of BG3 via remote play when I can't access the computer (LAN) - does anyone know if you can run it on a VR headset to create a virtual screen to play off? I do have a steam link somewhere if that has better connectivity. It would be across the lan, so should have a solid connection, and with the game not being a FPS lag won't be an issue. Would just be awesome to have it on a massive virtual screen.

This may be completely wrong for your use case.....

Soldato
You might be able to use steam remote play from your PC to laptop then virtual desktop streamer from the laptop to virtual desktop large screen in the headset.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Finally had a chance to give this a try. I picked up a Quest 3. I'm streaming BG3 from my main PC, onto an old Dell Lattitude 2-in-1. Then using Meta's free Remote Desktop viewer to see the laptop as a big AR screen floating behind the laptop. I can still see and use the keyboard, but have a massive 100" screen to play off. Result! Just need to play around with resolution and positioning, and solve the weak wifi issue and it'll be perfect - I was a little surprised how seamless it was all told. :D

Back
Top Bottom