Steelcase Please V2

I emailed my nearest Steelcase supplier in Gloucester and they asked for a couple of photos of the damage and then passed it on to Steelcase. A couple of emails later and they said they would send the replacement part out to me free of charge.

Today an engineer from Insightful Environments in London turned up with the back piece and fitted it for me, top service from Steelcase. Got my chair back and feels good again, they have also changed the joints so they don't look/feel as flimsy as they were before.
This is really helpful, thanks. Would you mind sharing the name of the supplier in Gloucester that you used?

Hoping to avoid finding any unhelpful dealers!

Soldato
This is really helpful, thanks. Would you mind sharing the name of the supplier in Gloucester that you used?

Hoping to avoid finding any unhelpful dealers!
I sent an email/message via this site and someone contacted me asking for pictures etc and it all went from there:

If you look at the Steelcase site and see what dealer is close to you that should also work:

I sent an email/message via this site and someone contacted me asking for pictures etc and it all went from there:

If you look at the Steelcase site and see what dealer is close to you that should also work:

You're a diamond! Thanks for being so helpful :)

I might be selling mine soon, I recently got the Monstertech MFC chair a true gaming chair finally :)
Have you had a gaming chair before? That's quite a downgrade!

Ime nearly all gaming chairs are just tarted up chairs (colours, teenager design) with 0 ergonomic credentials.

Whereas Steelcase et al are based around maintaining good sitting posture from the outset

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have three of them, excellent chairs. Two complete red leather ones, and one for parts.
The one I am sitting in right now is custom, red leather with white trim, they didn't make them like that! :p

My only complaints are that the base doesn't have nearly enough padding for extended use, and the armrests do not extend far enough forward for optimal comfort. They also all have issues locking in the most upright position, seems to be a design flaw.

ivez9xk.jpeg

Fxdu6Nd.jpeg

Ed50eSa.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate

Ime nearly all gaming chairs are just tarted up chairs (colours, teenager design) with 0 ergonomic credentials.

Whereas Steelcase et al are based around maintaining good sitting posture from the outset

Yeah nearly all 'gaming chairs' are as you say but have you seen the Monstertech MFC Flight Chairs?

These are different.

I might do a review of one vs. Steelcase Please v2 to show people the differences and what to expect.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Those are certainly different to most gaming chairs, but they do at least visually appear to be a clear ergonomic / posture fit downgrade. But probably a comfort upgrade for short term use.

Last edited:
Associate
Those are certainly different to most gaming chairs, but they do at least visually appear to be a clear ergonomic / posture fit downgrade. But probably a comfort upgrade for short term use.
For task use yes, the back rest system on the Please is superior particularly if you are prone to moving about in the chair.

I'll try and do a video over the weekend as there isn't a lot of info about this comparison, there are strengths and weaknesses to both.

Soldato

Gaming chairs..... it's always baffled me how the racing car design became popular, kids I guess. Make sure you've got those bolsters to hold you in place on those fast corners, and gotta have holes to put your 5 point harness! Bloody daft things.

Ergonomics wise nothing is as good as the please V2. Don't have any issues with mine at all, just a regular black fabric one I bought used.

Back
Top Bottom