** STEELSERIES RIVAL 700 - STATTRAK TECHNOLOGY **

Associate
If anyone has any questions specifically about it before buying I'd be more than happy to try my best to answer them/provide more photo's/screenshots of the software.

I guess the million dollar question would be if you were looking for a new mouse would you shell out £79.99 for it knowing how it performs.

Soldato
I guess the million dollar question would be if you were looking for a new mouse would you shell out £79.99 for it knowing how it performs.

Whilst yes you're right it is expensive and I for one totally think that the recent downward trend in mouse pricing has been much needed, the Rival 700, whilst some may see it as gimmicky actually offers additional tech that a normal mouse doesn't offer. Whether you see it's value is another matter entirely.

I'm happy to get my hands on a heavier rival because the rival is the best mouse I've used since the Zowie EC1 first rocked onto the scene.

Associate
20160325_120226.jpg

I'm really liking it so far. Although it is a lot heavier than my previous Sensei. The customisation options are just amazing, so much choice!

My only gripe is that I used to use the other 2 buttons on the right hand side of the Sensei for items on Dota etc, so I'm really missing that at the moment. The 3rd button on the left is good but it's just a little bit too much of a stretch :)

Associate
20160325_120226.jpg

I'm really liking it so far. Although it is a lot heavier than my previous Sensei. The customisation options are just amazing, so much choice!

My only gripe is that I used to use the other 2 buttons on the right hand side of the Sensei for items on Dota etc, so I'm really missing that at the moment. The 3rd button on the left is good but it's just a little bit too much of a stretch :)

what about size? compared to rival or deathadder?

Soldato

I have the sensei and the buttons on the right Ive had to disable because of how I hold and move the mouse, I would just click them all the time accidentally. I play cs not dota though, more buttons is probably useful there

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
IMPORTANT

Hi Guys

Sadly I have some bad news this morning, SteelSeries have contacted me to highlight a potential issue with the stock of Rival 700 units.

They have highlighted a problem on a small number of units where the one of the detachable cables is not at the correct angle to be inserted into the mouse.

The mouse will still work but this falls below their quality standards for their products and as such they are removing them from sale.

What to do:

If you haven't purchased a Rival 700 yet then you can do via pre order still. we are expecting a delivery on April 19th that will be units unaffected by this recall.

If you have already purchased a Rival 700 from Overclockers UK then you have the following options:
  1. RMA the mouse for a full refund.
  2. contact us and highlight that you would like a new mouse cable which we will ship to you as soon as we receive them.

I must highlight that the Rival 700 will still work with this USB connector, it may just have a tight fit or feel difficult to remove if your unit is one of the few that is affected. This recall is purely precautionary from SteelSeries.

I would suggest that any customers impacted by this, post here if you are unsure and I will try to offer guidance on how to proceed.

Associate
Hi Guys

Sadly I have some bad news this morning, SteelSeries have contacted me to highlight a potential issue with the stock of Rival 700 units.

They have highlighted a problem on a small number of units where the one of the detachable cables is not at the correct angle to be inserted into the mouse.

The mouse will still work but this falls below their quality standards for their products and as such they are removing them from sale.

What to do:

If you haven't purchased a Rival 700 yet then you can do via pre order still. we are expecting a delivery on April 19th that will be units unaffected by this recall.

If you have already purchased a Rival 700 from Overclockers UK then you have the following options:
  1. RMA the mouse for a full refund.
  2. contact us and highlight that you would like a new mouse cable which we will ship to you as soon as we receive them.

I must highlight that the Rival 700 will still work with this USB connector, it may just have a tight fit or feel difficult to remove if your unit is one of the few that is affected. This recall is purely precautionary from SteelSeries.

I would suggest that any customers impacted by this, post here if you are unsure and I will try to offer guidance on how to proceed.

Wow, that is some good service right there! Thanks for the update. I got the dispatch email just before the weekend so will keep an eye out :)

Back
Top Bottom