Stellaris - Paradox Interactive

Associate
OP
Odd - they must have put the price up since yesterday - just checked my receipt and it was definately £29.99.

You will get 20% off with the 'APR20' code - but still a fiver more expensive that yesterday :(

Associate
OP
Can anyone tell me if/how I can upgrade research or mining station defences? I've got some weapon reseach completed but when building a new research station it still has the 'initial' weapons systems...

Associate
OP
I love the idea of Sectors - but I have to admit that I don't understand why I (as the leader of my race) is only capable of controlling an handful of worlds whereas I can appoint a Sector Governor with no prior experience to manage as many worlds as I can shove into the Sector - seemingly without any penalty whatsoever...:confused:

Associate
OP
There are mods if you want to play it as Master of Orion.

No - I don't want to play it as Master of Orion - otherwise I would have bought Master of Orion :D.

I probably explained it badly... I do want sectors but I'm confused as to why sector governors don't seem to have the same limitations as "I" do. It would be good to have the ability to have more, smaller sectors and governors - I assume there either already is (or soon will be) a mod for this...

Edit - ah - does the number of available sectors you're allowed increase with the number of planets owned?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just started playing again after a long break and trying to get my head around all the changes in 2.2 compared to when I last played! :eek: Despite the challenges I am really enjoying it. Paradox are cleverly tempting me with some good discounts on DLC (of which I have none). Looking on t'interweb, received wisdom seems to be that the best options are Utopia for additional gameplay mechanics/megastructures and Distant Stars for more flavour/exploration events. Does that sound about right?

Associate
OP
looking at picking this up in the summer sale. have played a lot of endless space and galactic civilisations, but not sure if they are even in the same league of complexity as this. Are there any specific DLC's that I should look at getting while they are all going cheap ?

I think the only 'essential' one to buy would be Utopia (actually cheaper on Fanatical than Steam at the moment according to isthereanydeal). After that it's a matter of taste/interest - as usual with Paradox. I have the Distant Stars and Ancient Relics story packs (as I really like the exploration/discovery elements of the game) and Federations to (hopefully) expand on diplomacy - not had much time to try it as yet. Not had the desire to build Death Stars/play as robots/play as a MegaCorp and so haven't got those DLCs (yet).

There is a wealth of mods that will allow you to further tailor the game as well - but best to play it unmodded to begin with (I think) in order to know what you're changing ;) The only exceptions would be the following which I now find essential QoL additions:
- No Edge Scrolling (solves moving the map every time you try and click on a menu - which you will do a LOT)
- Nice Text (I found the stock text blurry - this helps)
- UI Overhaul Dynamic (a much clearer and better laid out UI and menu system)

Back
Top Bottom