Storage Drive Missing

Associate
Hello, I hope you guys can help me

As of right now I have 2 Hard Drives installed as well as an SSD for Windows.
I recently bought an M.2 Drive but once I have it installed into my PC and boot it up, I am instantly sent to BIOS.

When my M.2 Drive is installed into my PC, the SSD with Windows cant be found anymore but if I remove the M.2, it finds the Windows drive.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Im not the smartest when it comes to PC technical stuff lol
For reference, I am using a B350-F Gaming motherboard

Thanks!

Soldato
We need to know the exact model of the M.2 drive and the make of the motherboard. Sometimes the M.2 drive will disable a SATA port, especially if the M.2 SSD is SATA rather than NVMe but we need all the information to be able to move forwards. You might find something about this in the mobo manual, now you know what to look for.

Soldato
Is your board the ASUS ROG Strix B350-F Gaming?

If so adding a M.2 drive will disable sata ports 5 and 6.

*5 When a SATA / PCIE mode M.2 device is installed, the M.2 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA6G_5/6 ports and SATA6G_5/6 will be disabled.
*6 When a SATA mode M.2 device is installed, the M.2 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA6G_5/6 portsand SATA6G_5/6 will be disabled.

If your Windows drive is on one of these, you could try moving it to another port and set bios to boot from the drive in the new position.

Got the info from here https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b350-f-gaming-model/spec/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom