Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Associate
Works well for for conducting heat if you're gonna put a heatsink on and forget about it I'd say; if not it just does more damage than good.

Honestly who ever leaves a HSF on. I hated when OEM builders used thermal 'glue'. Broke a P4 cos of that stuff. :|

Associate
Good job, Liquid pro looks like excellent stuff unless you'll be fiddling with your heatsink a lot. It's imho especially good for use under the IHS as it does tend to bond with surfaces so hard to clean as you say.

Associate
Got around to removing the IC Diamond from my H80 and my god its left pretty bad discoloration on the CPU and on the base of the block. While it did give me good temps, I would treat this stuff as snake oil. Anyway replaced it with GC Extreme, hopefully will be able to give it a good stress test myself, boy that stuff was easier to use than the IC diamond (IC is like cement, I had to warm it up just to get out of the tube)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got around to removing the IC Diamond from my H80 and my god its left pretty bad discoloration on the CPU and on the base of the block. While it did give me good temps, I would treat this stuff as snake oil. Anyway replaced it with GC Extreme, hopefully will be able to give it a good stress test myself, boy that stuff was easier to spread than the IC diamond (IC is like cement, I had to warm it up just to get out of the tube)

You're not supposed to spread IC Diamond.

Proper Application Method

Associate
For your information sir I did not spread the IC diamond, I used the proper application method as described on their website. The only point I was making was that to actually get the stuff out of the tube in the first place that I had to use hot water to warm it up and I have corrected the original post so the wording is clearer :D

Soldato
I'm still using my original tube of AS2 - I guess it's probably conductive, but as people have said, apply it properly and it's a non-issue. Interesting test, that you should be able to make a reasonable decision from, but far from scientific :)

Caporegime
For your information sir I did not spread the IC diamond, I used the proper application method as described on their website. The only point I was making was that to actually get the stuff out of the tube in the first place that I had to use hot water to warm it up and I have corrected the original post so the wording is clearer :D

Thank you for correcting your post.

The original wording read as if you had spread the IC Diamond hence my reply ;)

Soldato
Thanks for the amount of time you put in Stulid, good review :)

I am certainly not in favour of the IC Diamond anymore. After multiple applications I have even managed to rip an older 'pinned' CPU out the socket when trying to remove the heatsink as it sticks so well. It is awful to use for application. Temps to seem reasonably good though lol, but when combined with trying to remove the cpu to check for paste spread it makes it a nightmare. It also discolours the CPU as mentioned and can start to remove the lettering from the CPU.

Caporegime
OP
Coming soon, an update:)

IMG_0927.jpg

Back
Top Bottom