Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Soldato
Anybody tried Shin-Etsu PCS-TC-11T-13 thermal pads ?

Aslong as it's not amongst the worst performers it would save a lot of hassle of the mess that some people make and you get an even cover. :)

Associate
It'll more than likely go straight into my big box of spares until I get round to switching out my CPU block. :D
I have everything mounted with MX-4 at the moment but I've as good as ran out, not convinced it'll be worth the effort of stripping everything out for the difference between these 2.

Associate
With all respect to that huge job, but with no ambient thermometer, or curing time, or testing methodology (different days, no repeats) this is all rather presuming than reliable test.

Soldato
Don't you need to let them bed in to get an accurate reading? Plus there are other factors like room temp and fan speeds etc.

I think I will just stick to using MX-2, mainly as I have loads left :p. Plus I saw lots of reviews at the time that had the MX-2 2oc lower than the AC-5, which is why I bought it instead.

Last edited:
Associate
Great article, cheers for the time and effort.

Out of interest, I suppose the results on GPUs should be similar? Time to replace the pads and put some new paste on my 5970.

Cheers

Soldato
Still baffled why OcUK don't sell Thermalright Chill Factor III, hardly anywhere sells it in the UK, it's so easy to apply and on other reviews it comes out around the top of the charts.

I only started using it because I got a small tube free with the Thermalright Silver Arrow I got from OcUK.

Caporegime
OP
Still baffled why OcUK don't sell Thermalright Chill Factor III, hardly anywhere sells it in the UK, it's so easy to apply and on other reviews it comes out around the top of the charts.

I only started using it because I got a small tube free with the Thermalright Silver Arrow I got from OcUK.

Swear I saw a reply from staff that they were looking into getting it in.

Back
Top Bottom