Taking the plunge to Hard Tubing! (Help)

Associate
So, did my first loop a few months ago and bored already, finally able to get the tools and hard tubing to upgrade the system!

My questions are

1:What tubing am I going for? I don't see the fittings listed on here ATM but in my past orders they come up as "Monsoon 1611mm (ID 716 OD 58) Free Center Compression Fitting Six Pack - Blue"

No hard tubing seems to be 16/11 so I ASSUME I need 16/12? (Given it's not going to stretch over the fittings). HELP: Does the width of the tubing matter all that much when temps come into play? Will I have better temps with wider (16mm (OD)) tubing or, can I use the smaller (12mm (OD)) and get the same results?

2: Are I still able to use compression fittings? ANSWER: GOING TO CHANGE FITTING TO EK-HDC's

3: Any tips and tricks to tightening the fittings at all? ANSWER: EK-HDC's (I'v over tighented my current ones but research has shown me I have over tighten mine out of fear)

I have a heatgun already and was looking at Easy Bend Toolkit by XSPC, other then that, I just need tubing, right?

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So the internal diameter of tubing is all the same? I'v not looked at hard tubing because well, you know... It's my first loop, it's super messy and wanna make it nice and tidy. Still going to use a flexy tube to empty loop though unless I can get fancy.

Associate
OP
Just want to confirm as I don't want to buy the wrong parts

I use: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mons...enter-compression-fitting-blue-wc-043-mo.html

I'm looking to buy this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mons...2-x-5-8-16mm-4-pack-clear-4x24-wc-215-mo.html

or in blue: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/mons...x-5-8-16mm-4-pack-uv-blue-4x24-wc-212-mo.html (Liquid will be blue either way)

Are there any comparability issues? (Sorry for needing confirmation, dyslexic with a slight bit of stupid in there)

Associate
OP
The compression fittings you linked are for a different size tubing. You need fittings for 16/12 tubing.

I would recommend EK-HDC fittings and EK PETG or Acrylic tube. Research both to see which you prefer as they are slightly different.

No, I don't work for EK.

Everything I have ATM is EK, no issues going with them. The HDC fittings look nice in my opinion.. The only problem swapping over is the right amount isn't in stock here. I only originally got my current Compression Fittings because of the looks, no idea what I was buying at the time!

As for tubing, does inner diameter matter ?

I'm in the same boat as you, just swapping from "Soft" to hard tubing ... already being a bit of a pain!

Personally I would go for the clear tube, not the blue. At least that way you have the option to change the colours in the future if you ever want a change. With the blue tube, you're kinda stuck with blue forever!

Cheers, Ori

Why has it been an issue for you so far? I was going for clear tubing, that's what was in stock so just added it to the wishlist to remind myself what I was buying.

Stay away from the Monsoon compression fittings, they're awful and require UV curing fluid to harden them up only to have the collars be obliterated after a few months use. Get yourself some nice EK HDC fittings as they are superb at locking in and are very secure :)

I only got them for the looks on my first build. Didn't actually know what I was buying but people said they would work :D

Associate
OP
After looking around and doing a ton of research, I'v come to the conclusion that I will want rotary fittings almost everywhere...

Can anyone comment on that at all? Other then picking the fittings out to purchase, think I know everything thats needed other then does the tubing width matter THAT much ?

Associate
OP
Yep. That will do you.

I use rotaries where the tube can't make the bend (using soft tube). I use EK and have not had any leaks.

Can you get them coloured as I would like to keep my colour scheme consistent

These are exactly the parts I have for mine ;). I also ordered a few 90 degree fittings & 30mm extensions. I don't actually know what for just yet, but they just look like they might come in handy :)

I'v seen loads of builds which use them to complete a look, which works REALLY well, I'm just going to kind of buy stuff and wing it though :D

If you look at the link in my sig, you'll see just how much easier 90 deg fittings can make your install!

For me, just the look of them seems to be worth but as I said above, kinda winging it kinda know what I'm doing. I think I need to wait for the new case to come before I decide if I need them or not.

Back
Top Bottom