Takis

Reading the label on a Takis packet it says they are corn rather than potatoe.
I have never been a fan of the corn/maize crisps so not sure to buy or not?

Any fans compared the Takis to the Walkers MAX chilli and lime range of crisps?
The Walkers chilli and lime are addictive, something about the flavour keeps you dipping the bag.

They are rolled tortilla chips in effect
So if you don't like tortillas you wont like these

They are at this price basically the same price as a bag of Doritos (180g for £2.5) and they are far superior.
I see plenty of people buying Doritos so not really sure what the issue is.

I am sure I could go through everyones shopping and see some things I thought were overpriced.
We all have our own vices, decent spicy stuff is mine!

Permabanned
They are at this price basically the same price as a bag of Doritos (180g for £2.5) and they are far superior.
I see plenty of people buying Doritos so not really sure what the issue is.

I am sure I could go through everyones shopping and see some things I thought were overpriced.
We all have our own vices, decent spicy stuff is mine!

cool beans.

Associate
They are rolled tortilla chips in effect
So if you don't like tortillas you wont like these

Thx for the feedback, I will give them a miss.
I am OK with the taco type wafers when they are filled with a minced beef chilli mix but dont like Doritos and similar.

Personally, the best "hot" crisps of recent years have been Walkers MAX chilli and lime, now discontinued I believe?
We stopped buying them as it was a guaranteed demolotion job on a full bag every time one was opened.

Thx for the feedback, I will give them a miss.
I am OK with the taco type wafers when they are filled with a minced beef chilli mix but dont like Doritos and similar.

Personally, the best "hot" crisps of recent years have been Walkers MAX chilli and lime, now discontinued I believe?
We stopped buying them as it was a guaranteed demolotion job on a full bag every time one was opened.

Agree think they were discond.
They moved to some new ones. Chili and lime is a classic taste really.

Associate
Only ever tried Fuego, which are a nice treat. Bonus that the village shop has them for a reasonable price (~£3).
Another shop have Blue Heat and Dragon Sweet Chilli, but they're £6/280g and I wasn't going to pay that when they had £1 bags of reduced Pretzel Pete's. I would like to try the other flavours though.

As for the price, they're a treat. It's not like you have a bag with your sandwich every day. (Although someone here might be)
It's like paying for a whisky or a bottle of wine when you're out.
Reminds me of my Dad mentioning how expensive all the imported UK products were expensive in Cyprus.

Pet Northerner
Don

Slightly OOD but 33p a bag

Back
Top Bottom