Terraforming Mars - Ares Expedition

Soldato
not sure who's playing Ares Expedition

but if you are and your getting in to Crisis then you can find a dedicated deck for it from :

as well as some promos and other bits and peaces.

i wasnt aware of the

Ares Expedition: Crisis Accessory Pack​

and stumbled upon it.

also if you like the sparkly credits theres the
Metal Cubes on there own as well.

My first game of Ares Expedition lasted 2hrs by my count solo oops that wasnt planned, but it was a good solo game, glad i made the investment.

if you want the originals this might be a good deal :
£280 ish but everything in its right plays..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've got the base game and expansions (Discovery, Foundations and Crisis) in the 'big box' from the Kickstarter. For a big box that holds the lot, it's not that big at all. :D

Haven't got the brain power up yet to spend the time learning it. But I do love a game of Terraforming Mars though. Recently moved on from the base game and added in Prelude.

Soldato
OP
edited :
the big box seems to be coming standard from retailers unless you have a target near you..
at least thats my understanding.
but yep the big box isnt that big which is great for storage !
i keey eying TM but the storage space put me off a little with the big all in box option i'd want to get :E
it also doesnt play quiet so well for solo i've read.

i think it depends how you normally play Terraforming Mars as to if you'll enjoy Ares Expedition.
mostly it seems to be 70/30 split.
with the quicker set up and break down being a main point.

if you you TM then you pretty much know AE, and if a layman like me can get there head around AE i dont think a veteran like you will have issues :D

be inerested to hear your thoughts coming from TM to TMAE and back again.
People seem to love Crisis expansion of the 3 expansion as it give a good twist on the game from what i can tell.

Last edited:
Soldato
edited :
the big box seems to be coming standard from retailers unless you have a target near you..
at least thats my understanding.
but yep the big box isnt that big which is great for storage !
i keey eying TM but the storage space put me off a little with the big all in box option i'd want to get :E
it also doesnt play quiet so well for solo i've read.

i think it depends how you normally play Terraforming Mars as to if you'll enjoy Ares Expedition.
mostly it seems to be 70/30 split.
with the quicker set up and break down being a main point.

if you you TM then you pretty much know AE, and if a layman like me can get there head around AE i dont think a veteran like you will have issues :D

be inerested to hear your thoughts coming from TM to TMAE and back again.
People seem to love Crisis expansion of the 3 expansion as it give a good twist on the game from what i can tell.
I have TM and all expansions, plus some PnP fan made stuff. It all fits fine in the og TM box.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have TM and all expansions, plus some PnP fan made stuff. It all fits fine in the og TM box.
which bit are you complaining about the "keey eying"
or the
"big all in box option"
:p

if later then i was refering to : https://www.fryxgames.se/produkt/terraforming-mars-ultimate-bundle/
i have to play a few more gams of TM:AE to really see if i fall in love with it enough before thinking of trying the original through: https://rentshuffleandroll.co.uk/game-catalogue/terraforming-mars/
possibly to rent it for a short while and see how the bigger more complex game runs for me personally on a limited space storage and play area + back log.

i guess your using the original 2D tiles not the 3d ones? i know the 3d are just gimks but it looks to add a nice feel to the game and better cube placement.

sort of shows what i mean size wise.

i guess with out the 3d printed stuff it would be half the size !

my main issues is the "i want.." & "i like the idea of.." & the "i'm missing out on.." Terraforming Mars.
i also wonder if i have the drive to actually set it up & play it and take it all down again in same day, some thing easily done with AE.
stupid i know.

Man of Honour
Would love the entire 3D Terraforming Mars setup, but it's a lot of money really. Already have the base game and the Prelude expansion, and I don't think I need much more than that.

I do have a couple of 3d printers though. One FDM and one resin. Hmmm..... ;)

Soldato
OP
i defo like the idea of the 3d terrain...
agreed though, it is a lot of money but if you get a lot of use out of it and enjoy it that much then its a worthy investment.
Helps if you have a 3d prinyer... i keep trying to get my local print shop to get one every so often.

Flibster were the "click here" if you like this post/sig?

Back
Top Bottom