test in the morning

Soldato
Dreadi said:
sorry but i dont think i will

I know what it's like... I got failed when a cyclist decided to ignore right of way and cycle around a parked car into my side of the road as I was already halfway past said parked car. I managed not to hit him... somehow, yet still got failed for his mistake.

And my fiance's friend got failed when a car drove past and clipped her wingmirror... whilst she was outside doing the number plate reading at the start of the test :eek:

Soldato
Berger said:
Im calling BS on that, she hasnt even been into or moved the car, so it is in no way her fault at all.

I only know what I've been told, and my instructor told me the part about them being able to fail you if your car gets hit at all during the test, and as soon as you start the eye sight test your test has started, so I don't question it's truth :confused:

Soldato
tbh there is no way they would have failed her if someone hit her before she had even moved the car unless it was because she parked all over the road or something so I call that BS tbh, instructors are usaully pretyt good and only fail you if you have done sometihng they feel could put you and other drivers at risk

Soldato
OP
Rich1988 said:
instructors are usaully pretyt good and only fail you if you have done sometihng they feel could put you and other drivers at risk

my reverse park was spot in terms of placement but i still failed for something petty so....

Soldato
Dreadi said:
my reverse park was spot in terms of placement but i still failed for something petty so....

Yea I guess :p I probably wont think that when I take my test next month if I get some A hole who fails me cos he doesnt like me, but observation is probably the most important thing involved in driving.

Soldato
OP
if i did THAT badly that she had no choice to fail me then i think my instructor would have picked up on the fact that i havnt been doing it right from the start tbh

Soldato
Rich1988 said:
Yea I guess :p I probably wont think that when I take my test next month if I get some A hole who fails me cos he doesnt like me, but observation is probably the most important thing involved in driving.

And having a turbo-charged car to do your test in doesn't help... even if you're doing the proper observation you're idea of a suitable gap might not match the examiners! :D

Soldato
Cyanide said:
And having a turbo-charged car to do your test in doesn't help... even if you're doing the proper observation you're idea of a suitable gap might not match the examiners! :D

hehe you sohuld of shouted VTEC KICKED IN YO, really loudly and scarde the examiner, Im using a beast 1.6 diesel that my intructor has :p

Soldato
Rich1988 said:
hehe you sohuld of shouted VTEC KICKED IN YO, really loudly and scarde the examiner, Im using a beast 1.6 diesel that my intructor has :p

This was one of BSM's 1.7l turbo diesel Astra's :p

I had enough time to walk across the road anyways... I just made sure we pulled out in plenty of time... :cool:

Soldato
sorry to say this cyanide but you can't really go on about a 1.7TDi being a turbo'd car using the idea that turbo = fast, that doesnt count on stock 1.7 turbo diesels they really aren't :(

I passed my test first time two minors and had a really good chat with the examiner about cameras etc, i pulled out after a lorry on a roundabout and it slammed its brakes on and went over a curb, and i thought i was going to get criticised for going too close to it but didnt even get a minor for it :)

Tom.

Soldato
OP
rG-tom said:
sorry to say this cyanide but you can't really go on about a 1.7TDi being a turbo'd car using the idea that turbo = fast, that doesnt count on stock 1.7 turbo diesels they really aren't :(

I passed my test first time two minors and had a really good chat with the examiner about cameras etc, i pulled out after a lorry on a roundabout and it slammed its brakes on and went over a curb, and i thought i was going to get criticised for going too close to it but didnt even get a minor for it :)

Tom.

wish i had her, i'd be driving round to misses right now :( now i gotta wait till the 20th june before i can try again

Back
Top Bottom